Friday, December 26, 2008

Another week draws to a close

Dear Family and Friends,
The weather channel is reminding me of how lucky we have it here in California, my my it might get down to 36 tonight. How does that compare with the temperature outside for you right now? We tend to be whimps out here.
Two appointments came through for this day after Christmas and both paid up front, now that is a blessing. One was a cute little house located in Brentwood and the other was a very nice home located in Dublin. While I was sitting in the bug working on comps here came a little pug walking by with her master. Her name was Cloe and she was so sweet and gentle. It reminded me once again how much I enjoy having Starr and Lady, they are such a comfort and keep the house from being quiet when the hours grow long. After the second appointment I realized that since I was driving the bug I had its old battery in the trunk, it needed to be returned to CostCo for a core charge, sure enough when I came in with the battery they handed me an envelope with just the right amount of money, about $9. While I was there I backed my membership down from the $100 a year membership to the standard membership at $50 and they refunded me the difference. While I was there I decided to look around. Talk about fun. I picked up some items I've considered for months and some cat food for Moomoo and George. It had turned very cold as I drove the little cart to the VW. I quickly loaded the items including a huge package of bottles of water and headed home. It was sort of nice to be back in the bug again today, easy to park, easy to do U turns and easy to park. I found diesel for $2.19 a gallon so the needed fillup did not hurt so bad.
I had the privilege of talking at length with my sister Sibyl this afternoon. She is doing well and regaining her strength after some needed surgery lately. It was good to hear her voice and I hope to be able to visit her this year in Ohio. She is enjoying excellent home health care from Kettering Adventist Hospital and that's great.
Tomorrow Tracy SDA has the honor of a guest speaker, Sylvia Ahn. I happen to know she has worked very hard on her prep and I know it will be the message God has in mind for us all. I'm looking forward to seeing Jason and Jo who will come for church. Keanna and I are going to Sabbath School providing we can both get up in time. Ken, faithful coach has said we are walking in the morning so at 7 we will be hitting the pavement. Brrrr. Out comes the gloves, the hat and the coat.
One wonders if the cold air will help or hurt the ongoing illness I'm experiencing. I've coughed a great deal today and finished the last two pills from the antibiotic bottle this morning. I still have plenty of puffs in the inhaler. We will see what happens next. I think I'll go back to the doctor next week to follow up since I'm not getting well as both doctors expected.
Ken called this evening with a strange tale. As he was pulling up at his house he looked over to see a pickup in front of my house and someone attempting to steal wood from my meager pile in the driveway. Can you imagine that, taking wood. I'd sure like to know who needs my wood more than me! This evening I have a little fire going and it is so cozy to finish dinner and then sit here in the recliner with the laptop in the atmosphere created by the fire.
Last night I was startled to discover that the electric pad on my bed that had refused to work the other evening had changed its mind and when I causally taped the on button suddenly it worked. Unfortunately I left it set on 3 and all night I tossed and turned not realizing that the heater was set to high. Low is about the right setting and I've already gone up tonight and turned it on. My how pampered one gets with all these devices to help us move through life. GPS systems to guide us, XM to keep Christmas music playing, digital cameras to record our photos without film, microwaves to cook our vegetables, dishwashers to quietly clean the dishes and so it goes. A pampered age for sure.
At this time of year one begins to think about the upcoming year and the resolutions that need to be made, oh there are so many things I could do better, faster, with more depth, with less procrastination, so many. Musts for me include dumping the weight as I move into a more active life style, going to bed earlier, using my time better with less messing around, moving more out of debt and taking advantage of increasing orders and work for the company. Building a deeper spiritual walk with our good Lord who waits to share and guide. Taking care of special relationships with compassion and genuine love, learning to give more than I take, learning to think more of others needs and less of my own. Doing better at helping with the precious kidos.
During 2009 I will get this house painted one way or another. I will open my home more to share the lake with others who might not get to live on a lake. Get out into nature more and use the motorhome for the enjoyment of others. Oh yes, I've no shortage of ideas.
I hope you each have a very good weekend and find a balance between social, spiritual, physical and emotional needs.
Sending love to all,

Tim
Kallie is not feeling well tonight, please say a little prayer for her.

No comments: