Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas memories














Dear Family and Friends,

Please indulge me as I share photos from last night with the family.
This morning we had a tasty breakfast of Swedish pancakes and then moved into a magic time of opening gifts and watching the joy in Kallie and Keanna's faces. It was great and wonderful things were shared which range from Tinkerbell to underwear, all much appreciated. I have new slippers, a new sweater, a digital photo frame, new games and a beautiful picture with 4 photos some just taken last night. Nikki must have had a busy night with her trusty printer. Now to find just the right place for it.

After driving back to a very quiet house I stoked the fire and napped for a bit. Ray and Lois came to call with a wonderful set of gifts, a new fire igniter and a wok pan. I've wanted one for a long time and they remembered me mentioning it. I can't wait to give it a try and create tasty meals. After they left I took my lock box key and inspected an empty house for a rush appraisal. Of course the front door lock was totally messed up so I finally found the side garage door would accept the key and was able to complete the inspection through that access. The appraisal is completed and emailed out now. I've not felt good this afternoon, lots of coughing, some head congestion and of course the head ache that comes from the hard coughing. Then there was the VW that would not start and the battery booster was dead, needed to be recharged. Just now at 9:30 I went out into the very cold and windy night and tried again and the good Lord allowed it to start. Then I drove it over to Steve's to hand him a couple appraisal orders and now I'm back getting warm again. Just now I had to carry in more wood to dry by the fire and I think I'm done going out for the night.

I hope you enjoy the photos and I know you have some that are just as cute from your Christmas.

I hope to feel better some day, not sure when. Got to admit it was sort of a blue afternoon, there are times that being alone is just fine and others when being alone is sort of hard to take. I'm so sorry I did not get to see Roger and Carol but they were busy with their precious family and I had been sick for nearly 3 weeks now. Some days I feel almost normal and others get really rough.

I am sending you my best Merry Christmas wishes and hope you bask in the warmth of a beautiful time with family and friends.

love
tim

ps I'm out tomorrow seeing properties again. Frankly I'm glad to have the work but I would sure like to stay home too. On Sabbath we will all have a real treat. Sylvia is preaching for church in Tracy and Jason and Jo are driving up for church so for me its a double treat. Good preaching and family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,
We are home again. Sorry we weren't able to meet up with you while in CA. The kids had a busy schedule, so Friday would have been the only day we could see you. So sorry you were still sick! We really didn't want to share your misery ~ sorry! I hope you are beginning to make the turn for the better.

We had a great time with the kids. They are growing up so fast. Brennah is 13 and Evan is 11. Good kids!

Take care of yourself. Bob had good advice if it will work for you ~ STAY HOME AND REST!

We love you ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

HI Tim,

What a Beautiful Family You have, One can feel the Love & warmth in the Photos.

We arrived Home to Lodi about 3:30 this afternoon after enjoying a couple of Days in Chico with Carrol's Sisters.

We are preparing for a quiet Weekend, Games Sat Evening, Pizza & PopCorn etc. Monday We will be going to "Red Hawk" for Lunch and Tuesday/Wednesday We have Lunch at the Senior Center. New Years Eve is a Question right now, Might just watch the Yuel Log Burn on the HD TV You can almost feel the warmth of the crackling Fire. The Yeosemite Snow Storm is really something too.

What did We do before HD TV ?

Have a blessed Sabbath Day and continue to get well.

Love You,& The Family,

Bob & Carrol.