Sunday, December 21, 2008

What a feeling!

Dear Family and Friends,
Have you had as much fun as I have today. While I can't talk about everything I enjoyed today as its personal I can just state, I'm better. Yes I do have short bouts of deep coughing but inside I feel better, mentally I am hopeful and optimistic again. Ken got this thing rolling by inviting me to join him for a little stroll around the lake, its just 3 miles and well of course the weather is awful but lets go anyway. So at 8:30 wrapped in layers of clothes and even wearing gloves we set out to challenge the forces. At first the coughing was pretty bad but then it cleared up and I enjoyed our walk, I also really enjoyed getting back, sitting in front of the fire and relaxing a bit. I decided it was time to respond to all the wonderful letters and Christmas cards I've been enjoying each day so I found a box of cards, never opened and set to work. I found a gold pen, the family address book and I'm well along with the process. How fun to find a name, mentally enjoy their friendship and memories and then write a few words of cheer and seal up the envelope. Starr and I worked for a couple hours and the fire raised the temperature of the room to a level where I had to open the door and let fresh air in. Even Starr was too hot. Eventually I decided to tidy up a bit, shower, change the sheets, do some laundry and do the dishwasher.
Now I'm clearing my desk and preparing for an exciting winter day tomorrow. Not sure if we will walk or not, have not had the call from Mr. Ken but at 9:30 Santa comes early, well it is actually the heating expert to see if he can do magic on my furnace. Then I must scurry down the road for two San Francisco appointments, then back to Hayward and then perhaps to a mall to do a bit of Christmas shopping, I suppose its time.
I know many of you are enduring some pretty nasty weather, especially in the east. Our 40 degrees does not seem so bad when compared to temps in mid America or in the mountains or even Denver.
I am so thankful to be feeling better, it is a gradual process and the coughing lingers but no longer totally controls me. Now I'll be able to concentrate on Christmas, on the little ones and bringing joy.
And so the cycle of life continues, some days we rush ahead, others we fall back, some days like today we just sort of idle and recollect our bearings, enjoy the warmth, good food, good friends and the opportunity to live yet another day.
So I send my best thoughts and wishes to each of you tonight. Enjoy the opportunity of caring relationships, of seeing joy in little faces, wisdom in senior faces and the hand of God in all that is good.
love to all

Tim

No comments: