Monday, December 22, 2008

Not well after all

Dear Family and Friends,
This has been a rough evening with constant coughing. It started to get worse this afternoon about 3 as I was driving back from seeing properties in San Francisco. The weather was crisp but partially sunny while I was there and I enjoyed being in the city. I tried to do some Christmas shopping at the Sun Valley Mall in Pleasant Hill, talk about a downer, I've almost never done Christmas shopping by myself before, was always guided by the professional shopper whether she was in the wheel chair or on foot she knew where to go, what everyone needed and how to work the stores for the best deals, I just felt totally lost and by then was coughing so much it was a challenge to keep going. I managed to locate a few things but finally gave up after I had walked the whole mall. I just wanted to get home but then got an important phone call letting me know that an appraisal I am working on was now needed in the morning and when I opened the old report this evening I discovered it was a multi unit one, much more complicated to produce than a normal report and just to sweeten the deal there have been no sales of similar income properties in the past year in Antioch, Oakley, Brentwood or Byron, only two listings so comps from Livermore will have to be used which is not good at all. Life does get challenging at times. Right now all I really want to do is to sleep, rest and stop coughing. I'm using the inhaler that was to make everything right in two days, NOT and the massive doses of antibiotic that would get me on my feet in a couple days, NOT. Where do I go from here? And Christmas is coming soon.
I was very happy to hear from both Jason and Nikki today, they are always such encouragement.
So could I ask you to pray again. I'd really like to be well again. Tomorrow the only confirmed appointment is in Redwood City at noon. Others may fall in line, we will see.

Rob, the furnace guy came this morning to perform last rites on the furnace. He tweaked it and it started heating but he thinks a retrofit is in order. Replace the important parts that cause a heater to ignite, he thinks the total bill will be less than, $500, oh wow, tires for the van, $290 each and each was totally flat this morning. For awhile I had two pumps working on the tires and they held fine for the rest of the day.

This evening I came in with my meager little pile of Christmas shopping results, knelt in front of the stove and got a fire going, soon the room was up to 68 which felt so good.

Good night my friends and family,

love

tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

How well I remember last Year when I was having My round of the Bronchitius that You are dealing with. The last effort that I had to get rid of it was staying in the House for 5 full days and resting , Finally relief came . My Dr told Me the next step was a week in the Hospital. That, I did not want so I stayed in and IT WORKED !!.

God Bless You and We will Pray that things improve soon.

Love You ,

Bob & Carrol.

Deborah W said...

You're in my prayers, as always, Tim. Get well soon, don't worry about gifts, you are the only gift your family needs this year, your time and company and love. Have a Merry Christmas, my friend! Deborah