Sunday, December 14, 2008

Another sick day

Dear Family and Friends,

Its Sunday evening and I'm sitting in the recliner with faithful side kick Starr who is quietly snoring. I'm going through yet another extreme coughing session. Just when it feels like something is ready to break loose it does not so I just cough and cough. I went back this evening and purchased long acting Mucilex, 12 hour pills. I hope it helps. This morning after an extremely good night with almost no coughing I woke, showered and felt pretty strong pains in my middle back and chest. Gradually the hot shower water melted away the pain and after a quick breakfast of oatmeal and stripples I headed to the garage where I found the van had two low tires. So I took a minute to use the little pump to add needed air. I've found I start the pump and then jump back into the warm heated seat and wait until the warning light on the dash goes out which tells me the tire is now up to normal pressure wise. Then I jump out and throw the pump back into the car, today I've had to do that twice as it was so cold and nasty that the tires kept losing air. Sooner or later I'll need to purchase two tires, after all they are only $290 each, what a deal! But driving the van is worth it right now, warm, secure and comfortable. At the present time I'm listening to a spy story on 10 CDs. Its one of those stories that really grips you, makes it hard to leave the car.

This morning I saw a beautiful property with dozens of trees, horse stalls, beautiful setting and several acres. Then I traveled several miles shooting photos of the comps before heading home. At that point Nikki called and we hatched up a plan to meet in Tracy at the Olive Garden for lunch. It was a nice break in a day of cold rain and wind to have a warm lunch with family and friends. While we were eating my phone rang. With the noise of the patrons all around I could not hear but the person calling was patient enough to stay with me until I found a quiet corner in the bar. It was a return call from a person buying a home that I had seen on a rush basis on Friday. He was calling wanting to pay for the appraisal. So on the spot I took his address which was in Oakley and after leaving Tracy drove directly to Oakley, picked up the check, went to Longs to get meds which won't be ready until tomorrow and then drove to Nikkis to watch the girls while Nikki went for a few groceries. They were playing quietly and Keanna brought me a cutie, the great tasting little mandarin orange fruit. The fruit was so sweet and tasty as Keanna and I enjoyed snacking.

Now I'm home and finally relaxing after the long day.

So now we all move to the new week. What will it be like. I hope for health, for positive moments of joy, for positive relationships, for success.



love to all



Tim

1 comment:

lizzie said...

sorry you are feeling so miserable. I don't want you to feel alone in this. We have it in South Dakota too!!! lots of sick ones coming to the clinic! Liz You will get better! I promise.