Saturday, January 10, 2009

A good day

Dear Family and Friends,
Life has some really good moments. Today I had the honor of taking Ms Keanna and Ms Kallie to Sabbath School. Kim did a brilliant job of leading out, there were several little ones there and it was really enjoyable. Kallie took it all in and seemed to enjoy herself. Meanwhile Steve was under the knife having oral surgery. As we finished up with Sabbath School Nikki and Steve were beginning to move from recovery to the car. I drove over and observed Keanna and her day as he attempted to speak through a mouth of gauze and heavy meds and Keanna just wanted to love her daddy. They took Kallie with them and I took Keanna to a nearby Burger King for lunch where she ate every bite without moving from the table. Then she played for a bit but the room was so cold her little hands were like ice so we escaped to the bug, cranked the heater up and headed home. When we got home Steve was fast asleep in the recliner next to the fireplace and Keanna quietly entered the house to begin her play, Nikki arrived home a few minutes later with the prescriptions for his pain control. I headed home and built a tiny fire and snuggled in the recliner under a heated blanket. I drifted in and out of sleep for awhile. I've spent this evening with friends and observed the largest full moon I've ever seen, this is the day when it is at its biggest for the entire year. Wow it was beautiful.

The joy that comes from having the chance to see the girls at Sabbath School today and Timothy at Sabbath School last week at MBA is really intense. To find myself at 60 in the possession of three bright and enjoyable grandchildren is a huge blessing and pleasant surprise. They are the most wonderful people in my life, they laugh, play, sing, jabber, smile and enchant. I know you feel the same way about your little people, there is just something really magic about these early years when they are open, changing and so happy. In spite of this being a terrible world in many ways and a very dangerous one as well here I find the hand of God in the little ones. In spite of loneliness and bitter disappointment these little God given lives are a powerful force for good. Do they have perfect parents, no but I am very proud of the job these young parents are doing in loving their kids on a daily basis and caring for them.

I've been coughing quite a bit today but still feel pretty well in general. In a few minutes I'll rinse the nose out which seems to help a lot with getting a good nights sleep. I had a shock this evening as my PG&E bill popped up as an email. Little space heaters do tend to run the bill up and I think getting furnace fixed was just in time. My current heating bill was over $500 for the month and only $16 was for gas, the rest was for precious electrical power. Glad I'm getting well, glad the furnace is working perfectly and glad the money is coming in better than in prior months, I may be able to pay this large bill.

Tomorrow I drive to Napa to see a house and then back to Discovery Bay to see a house for a friend. As I don't usually work on Sundays I took this appointment since I was caught up with my work load and wanted to keep the cash flowing in.

I'm thankful that God in His wisdom built a Sabbath into our lives, a chance to recharge our batteries at His well and get in touch with family, friends and leave work behind. Thank you Lord, you know us so well, you know we need to get off the treadmill of life and be with you in special ways.

Love to all,

tim

No comments: