Monday, January 5, 2009

One nasty cold miserable wretched gloomy day!

Dear Family and Friends,
Can you guess? I'm still sick. Coughing a lot this afternoon and evening and some magic cough drops help for awhile but then the coughing kicks in again.

This morning Ken and I walked in the bitter cold, we walked briskly just to keep from freezing. Then I drove to pick up Keanna for a quick ride to school, then back to the house to meet Ray and he followed me with the bug as I drove the motorhome to Pan Pacific RV below Stockton. They are doing warranty work on one of the levelors which has failed. Then we drove to IHOP for breakfast, CostCo for a few items he needed and then back home. Cold rain buffeted us the whole trip and it took the motorhome miles before the heater began to catch up with all the space and heat it.

Loree was working in the cold lower office when I got back and we found her a heater. She worked through files for hours and made huge progress. I waded through items on my desk and paid some bills. Then at 4 I had a local inspection of a very clean and nicely maintained home in what we call Discovery Bay West. Then back home to discover checks in the mailbox and a very cold house. This time the furnace said no to heating so I built a fire in the stove, made a little dinner and have been working ever since.

Tomorrow morning I once again see the doctor and I hope something new can be added to assist in my recovery. I am also starting his in office health and weight management system. I'll report more about the system after I've experienced it.

Right now I'm heading to bed hoping to get some relief from this relentless coughing. It seems to calm down during the night although I can no longer sleep on my back, only on my side to repel the coughing.

So thanks Ray for driving me home today and thanks Ken for walking with me this morning.

Sending love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, can't help but wonder if walking in the early morning cold is good for you right now. A question for the doc, I guess. Hope you get better soon, I know you're really tired of waiting for good health. Deborah