Tuesday, June 23, 2009

alive

Dear Family and Friends,
Well that magic hour has arrived when I need to head to bed. This has been a day of "do it now". This morning I came across a little video message from a guy who pushes eat it raw on Internet quite a bit. His talk was on discipline, well as you know I've been thinking quite a bit about disciple and self control lately mainly from an angle of having almost none in my life. The talk was great and the thing I took away from it was, do it now, don't wait, cluster jobs that you have the skills to do and use them to do it now.
so with that fresh in my mind I waded into learning how to hook up to a new management company called Mercury and after several hours of battle it is working well now and I got a new order from the process. Then I set my sights on getting some things done for my friends at Reverse Mortgage and tonight just a few minutes ago I emailed out the second report. I also tried to understand a review that someone had done on an appraisal in Newark. They ended up cutting the value by a lot but when I tried to replicate their data it was not there. Not sure what is going on but I raised a red flag and will have to dig deeper tomorrow.
When I tried to make my spa work on Sunday all I managed to do was get it full of water but the heater refused to budge. So Ray came over this afternoon and dismantled it and will take it to a spa friend in San Jose who will know quickly what to do to cure its ills. What a relief to get that kind of help on something so obscure as a spa.
Now I'm winding down after making a shocking discovery today. I knew my license was in need of renewal but when I found the letter from OREA at the state I discovered they were requesting 56 hours of new class work and 90 days from submitting paperwork to issuing a new license. Well you do the numbers, the license expires August 10 and today is June 23. Yikes. So I did some digging and found this little on line school located in Southern California who sell classes for hours on line. So for a mere $508.50 the on line classes are now waiting in my inbox and then of course it takes another $450 to the state at time when you send in the paperwork. Oh wow this gets exciting and of course the house payments are coming due fast.
The good news is several orders came in today, true they range in location from Petaluma, Santa Rosa to Santa Cruz but they are still orders and I'm thankful.
Very sad news today for Loree, long time personal assistant to our company. Someone she knows pretty well and who works for a local ranch was found today in his trailer, he had taken his life on Sunday. So sad and he has a 5 year old. These are the sad facts of life we have to cope with.
So for now I bid you all a warm good night.

love

tim

No comments: