Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Finished

Dear Friends and Family,
Just back from one more attempt at the grief group which meets on Wednesday night and as a result I'm not going back. As usual the group of people who were there were very honest in sharing your feelings and emotions but I just sort of have a feeling that I don't really belong there so I'll just let my group of friends and family be my wonderful grief and getting on with life support group.
This evening Gerry Lammerding and I made contact and he reports Barbie is progressing well and is feeling better and better. She remains in ICU for yet another day and Gerry could only see her briefly along with Jenny and her friend and a sister. We are all thankful for her really good progress and if all continues to progress then she's be able to go home next Sunday.
Its been sort of a dull day spent fixing things, doing value checks and general appraisal work. I'm loving the cool weather which continues to bless us. I just keep thinking the central air conditioning is not having to work and money is saved.
Well I think thats about it for the evening. Nothing too earth shaking happening here.
I did hear some bad news today. A person, Don, who orders appraisals and talked to me just last week died of a heart attack this morning. He was having a hard time breathing and by the time he got to the hospital his heart was failing. I was so saddened to hear the news and think about his family tonight.
Oh that we would live our lives each day with care for each other!

love

tim

1 comment:

Carol and Roger said...

Hello Tim,
It sure was good to see you again and be able to spend at least a little time with you!

Yes, we did make it home ok Tuesday afternoon. It was a good visit, but a busy time. We stopped by briefly to see Dad and Barbara, was home about an hour then off to church board meeting. Yesterday was catch up day and I'm off and running already this morning. Dad has a minor procedure this a.m.

Evan, our grandson, is with us for a couple of weeks. Grandpa Roger is enjoying having a "side-kick" as he does repairs, works in the garden and around the property. We are trying to mix work and play for him. Of course Dollywood is in the plan. We also plan to take a day and go panning for gems. That's always a fun outing.

Our assistant manager's sister died so they are in MI the rest of the week. I'm looking forward to having them back on Sunday.... They are doing a great job and we hope they stay here a long time.

Tim, I"ll be praying for you especially this week for peace, work and guidance as you look toward your future. I'm sorry your grief group is not meeting your needs. You are making headway. It just feels like the future is illusive. You are a good man and God does have a plan for your life. Be open to His leading.

We love you ~ Carol