Saturday, June 6, 2009

Kallie's first Sabbath School


Dear Family and Friends,

Last evening Keanna had a sleep over. I think when I wrote she had finally fallen asleep and she was up early this morning. She made fast work of her breakfast and then we drove to the Tracy SDA Church where we all went to Sabbath School, It was Kallie's first time I think and she was enjoying the walking experience. She ventured all over the room and smiled as she cleared the felt board, explored the back drop for the program and observed the other kids. Keanna came with us today too and enjoyed the program. I've included a photo I shot with my phone of Kallie at the craft table with teacher Kim and Nikki. It was a very enjoyable morning having my girls there.
We next went to Olive Garden but took a bit of time as Kallie had fallen asleep and needed some rest. She was missing her morning nap which she never misses. She woke up in a pleasant mood for Olive Garden and they are probably still cleaning the floor after she got finished. The food was great and Keanna ate everything in sight. After lunch we each went our own ways as Keanna had a birthday party for a little boy who lives across the street. He is part of a very very nice family, is polite and all boy, always riding his bicycle, his dirt bike or anything with wheels. It is amazing to see he and his brother with their riding outfits on riding their 50cc dirt bikes. Here are these two little guys just blasting along over hills and trails.
Late this afternoon after resting for awhile I ventured into the motorhome to try to solve some little problems. A cupboard door which would not stay closed, a drawer that Nan always used for her personal stuff had broken away from the wall, its support system and it was hanging crooked and useless for about the last year. When I opened it today I found nylons and other things left by Nan, it was a catch your breath moment. Then when I ventured to the next project, repairing the collapsed floor in the closet which I use for a pantry I found yet another strong reminder, two night gowns that she loved. These finds brought back pleasant memories of our travels in the motorhome, usually to Jason and Jo's home but sometimes to LA to city of hope medical center or Tahoe for campmeeting or Homewood to Lammerdings cabin. Nan was a great traveler, she would settle in with drinks for both of us and a book ready to load for us to listen to while we traveled. She would hop up and go get snacks and I can even remember when she made grilled cheese sandwiches as we drove down the freeway, that one was a little wild and I can't recommend it. She would sit in the front passenger seat with a pillow on her lap so the dogs would not hurt her and both dogs were usually on her lap. Nan did not know how to nag and for those of you who either do nag or get nagged at, well you should consider stopping it. Its unpleasant and wastes a lot of good caring time. Nan would be on the phone to Sharon or Dana or one of the kids and would just be happy and contented to be on the road yet again. Last Thursday was the one and a half year point since losing Nan. In some ways it seems like a very long time ago and in other ways it still seems almost unbelievable that she is not here generating joy and happiness.
While I was cleaning out the bottom of the closet I found a beautiful sweater, perhaps even a sweater dress still in the QVC package. Oh how they loved her. It was yet another reminder of how she lived. Ready for anything, cold or hot, winter or summer.
Our weather is wonderful right now. We have been cool for days and no warming trend is expected for several days. I tend to think of it as being a blessing, less expensive since little AC is needed and its easier to work in the cool weather.
So as I head to bed tonight I do so with happy current memories, talks with Jason and Jo and little conversations with Timothy, longer talk with Art, spending time with the girls and friends at church, catching up with Ray and Lois who came over as I was finishing up in the motorhome and now planning to walk in the morning with Ken. I always enjoy talking to Jerry too in Weed.
Got to say our Creator knew what He was doing when He also created a Sabbath, tonight there was beautiful music from Loma Linda on the dish, no work related stresses today, just family and rest.
So I'm sending love to all,
Tim

No comments: