Thursday, June 11, 2009

Finally getting some traction







Good evening to all,

This has been a day with a lot of low key rest and then finally production. Ken and I walked as usual this morning in the cool air. Then I came back, added water to some very dry coach batteries in the motorhome, rehung the curtain I had washed and then drove it back to storage where Lois was kind enough to come rescue me. Then it was back home to work, only problem I just wanted to sleep and I did, it seemed like hours in my chair. I finally woke and made a salad for lunch and came back determined to get some work done.

I waded into a relocation appraisal for a local property and about 4:20 emailed that one to the Cartus company. Then I started on the next one that had to be done today. After a couple hours I took a break and had another salad at McDonalds with Lois where we talked to Ray. he had a big day cleaning filters for pools and was tired and finally back to their home in San Jose. After the dinner I came home and have just now completed the second appraisal.

Art and Connie are traveling with their new to them 5th wheel on a trip to see Matt graduate from fireperson school up in Oregon somewhere. They had stopped in Weed for the night and he called my brother Jerry and they talked trucks for a few. Now Art has told me he is going to bed, tired from a day of driving and amazingly he found a RV place for $27.50 for the night. Thats amazing! Tomorrow they will drive on up to where Matt is and be ready for a Saturday graduation service. Then I think they plan to bring their two grandchildren back with them for a few days to visit. Sounds totally fun.
Gerry said that Barbie is continuing to make progress although she is still in ICU at this point. They had her sitting up several times today and she is eating, all signs of progress. For some reason they took another MRI which had to be painful for her. One wonders why the second MRI but of course no one is telling them anything. Why don't medical people communicate. We patients are not idiots, we need to know what is going on, include us in your thinking, it is our bodies after all. But I digress.

This evening I am totally worn out from basically doing nothing but sitting and typing. Oh well the dogs were delighted that I could be home for the day. they love it and sit close by watching and snoozing in delight.

I've included a couple photos from Jason and Jo that were taken at the Oakland Zoo as they met Scott Miller and his family there for the day. Looked like they had a great time.

Well good night to all,


love

tim

No comments: