Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Family in town, very nice!

Dear Family and Friends,
This evening my house is filled with family, its great. Suzie, Cindy, Jerry and Donna all tucked away in their rooms for the night, so much nicer than an empty house with just me and the dogs. I'm sleeping in the motorhome which is parked in the driveway.
We went to Olive Garden in Tracy this evening and Steve graciously loaned me the van so we all got to travel together. The service was excellent and the food tasted unusually good, could it be the company?
Earlier today Ken and I walked and I wrestled with a recalcitrant phone line this afternoon. I did some basic moving of clutter to less obvious places, hosed down the deck and pretended to be working but didn't get much done for the day.
Now its past time to be asleep.
Life throws strange things at us. Out of the blue I got a call from Marriott today. I own a time share down in Palm Desert at a beautiful location. I've never used the week I am entitled to each year, wasted it so far but every month I attempt to find enough money to pay the $190 payment. I have it nearly paid off now and it is rumored to be worth nearly twice what I paid for it several years ago. Today a nice lady called to say that Marriott is celebrating their 25Th year and to help people out they will take 25% of any late payments away as a discount to help all owners celebrate. I did the numbers and since I owed three payments it was quite an amount they were willing to wipe out just to get me current. So I went for it. In the process I'm a lot closer to having the property paid off and I partly did it with their money. Then AT&T called about my cell phone service. In the process of discussing it I learned that my contracts are up and that I'm entitled to an upgrade, not sure what that means but I will be looking into it. Internet unlimited usage is $15 a month and texting is $5 a month for a whole lot of text messages. So more things to think about. Then the house line quit working. So I called ACN and a very knowledgeable lady helped get the phone working again but in the process I discovered that I still had the router that was used for Vonage in the line. Since that makes no sense I have removed it completely and now the phones lines seem to work a little better. So it was a day of getting on my back and sliding under the desk, then back up again. Each time the room would spin for about 30 seconds, not a good feeling but having the phone working again, well that is nice enough.
Tomorrow morning after we have breakfast I'm set to see a house located on the lake at 10 am. After traveling all over this week it will be very nice to enjoy a local inspection. Then later in the day I'll have a late lunch with a couple ladies I work with on a regular basis, they are loan brokers. That will be fun to put a face with a voice, I'm not so sure of myself but I'm going through with it just for the experience, they have been asking and asking.
I certainly hope to see more business come in. I'm nearly out of orders and the one management company that was ordering, well nothing this week. I wonder what happened.
OK, time to crash.
Have a good night, morning.

love to all

tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, are you coming to Benicia anytime soon? :-D Let me know if you'll be anywhere near....we still haven't had our lunch!

Life is nothing if not surprising. In the last couple of months I have been contacted (via Facebook) by two nephews that I haven't seen or heard from in years. And today, both my brothers joined Facebook, how strange is that!? But I am happy to be in contact again with my nephews. Family is sooo important, as you well know. I can just imagine the comfort your kids and grandkids are!

Life is awesome; always surprising, and so many small things to create happiness.

Deborah