Thursday, June 4, 2009

All quiet

Good evening,
As I write the house is deathly quiet, not a mouse, dog or cat is stirring....... you see the family all went home! Last night every room was filled with laughter and conversation, some enjoyed the back deck and "smoked", others sipped hot mochas and observed the fish tank. It was a great evening. During the night we were struck with a highly unusual event, a lightning storm accompanied by hail, lots of it. I was sleeping soundly in the motorhome and suddenly tapping noises started on the roof and a minute later it was a roar as hail pelted the motorhome, it crossed my mind that motorhome roofs are not very strong, Starr made a quick retreat under the covers and Lady just cowered. Then the thunder began to resound and the lightning lite the sky. It made for a short night.
This morning my phone alarm woke me to walk and I remembered my tennis shoes were safely put away in the closet in the master bedroom where Jerry and Donna slept. So I did the 3 miles in my street shoes and so far there does not seem to be any ill effects other than some soreness on the bottom of my feet.
We all enjoyed a breakfast of belgium waffles and fresh strawberries, orange juice and good conversation. Then it was time for the group to begin the drive to Weed, a 300 miles trip and I was slated to see a local property at 10. Just a few minutes ago I confirmed that they made it fine and are already unloaded and relaxing in their comfortable home.
This afternoon I met with two ladies who order appraisals. They had been asking for a lunch time when we could put faces behind the phone calls. We had a really nice time and shared war stories from the loan business. They are both lovely ladies and it was enjoyable to make new friends and commiserate over the sorry state of the business in general and the new rules we all have to live and work with.
After lunch I drove to a house to do an inspection. The first impressions were so bad. The front yard was 5 feet deep in weeds and thistles, cats were going through the garage cans, I thought oh no! But when I used the lockbox and made entry I found a different story. All the walls were freshly painted, the carpets were decent, the heating and cooling systems worked and the property was really decent, all of this nearly 1,700 sf for $110,000. Who says California real estate is expensive? Not so any more.
Now I'm back home and I'm going to be in bed by 9 pm. I'm tired, sleepy and need rest, lots of it.
How is your life going these days? Are you enduring now that we have a world where 1 out of 6 checks being written are being written by a government agency, wow that is scary, who is left to pay the bills, well you know the answer, anyone who is having an success, tax them to cover the rest. No wonder Microsoft is going to move more jobs overseas if the new tax measures go through. When will this madness stop? The government cannot spend money it does not have, someone somewhere has to say NO and let normal market forces work this out.

My friend, the weekend is coming, wonderful news!

love to all

Tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

You are so right about the state of the economy! The situation is very scary right now. I pray some wisdom will smack a few people upside their heads....!