Friday, June 5, 2009

At last its Friday evening

Dear Family and Friends,
Another week winds down, its has been interesting! High points include the family coming to visit, Keanna coming for a sleep over, being able to pay some bills this week, having safety on the roads and getting to talk with Jason and Nikki several times this week over the phone, having Keanna become a first grader.
It has been very interesting to see how the Lord blesses in spite of how faulty this recipient is. My moods swing back and forth and I wrestle with keeping the faith sometimes losing it all together yet His blessings continue. Not that things are easy, I would not want to convey that impression but when I take a moment to ponder the challenges others face then I'm more content.
This evening as I've fed Keanna her pasta, popcorn and apple juice and she has played her new VSmile game and we've had a chance to read together, say our prayers and tuck her in about 5 times I'm reminded of how blessed I am to have the three little ones in my life. They make sense out of the noise of life.
This evening Lois invited to feed me at Subway and Nikki brought Keanna and Kallie and met us there. Kallie let me hold her for a bit and then she settled into my arms acting as if she could just go to sleep. When we fed her some went into her mouth, some ended up amazingly on the floor! She was just smiling and watching everyone and enjoying life.
This evening as I read to Keanna I purposely changed words as I read and she quickly corrected me each time, it was a game and she was very good at it.
I write about my three kidos and in no way mean to diminish your love for your kidos, but these are mine and they are what I know, they are so important to me and remind me of happier times, of carefree times when our kids were little and Nan did all the work and I got all the fun. Well with her gone I end up doing more than I would have otherwise but that's fine. I love grabbing Kallie or taking Keanna by the hand, helping with Timothy so his folks can slip away for a bit.
As I write tonight there are people in our friendship circle that are hurting, discouraged, lonely and send my best hopes and thoughts to them. These are not easy times for most of us, for many of us they will get better, for some they will worsen before they get better yet there is an eternal answer for everything and its found in our Lord. Somehow He will make sense out of everything someday and we will understand better, this is my hope.
Please enjoy your time together with your loved ones and do your best to touch, encourage and build this weekend.
love to all

Tim

1 comment:

Bob and Carrol said...

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the encouraging words this morning. We are looking to a quiet Sabbath after a busy rather hectic week of Dr's etc.

Dinner & Movie at the Jackson Rancheria Hotel on Wed/Thur was great.I was lucky to hit a nice $250.00 pot on .05x25 three hits! not bad at all!!. Breakfast there now is $5.40 buffet (Senior)and they have everything You could want, very good!

Carrol's Clinic went well but it was a longer day that usual. We did not get home till nearly 4:00. Her Numbers are going up but Her Dr is still not ready to resume treatment. He gave Her 2 more months and then test in late July /Read at Clinic in early August and then decide if treatment must resume. She feels good in general but says She can tell that Her Cancer is becoming active again.

How thankful We are for competent caring Dr's that are keeping up with Her in every detail. They will make the right moves, I'm confident of that. The Lord is leading and We trust is His will always.

Next Week We are going to spend 3 days & nights with Friends at Lake Tahoe (Harvey's)Great Room & Show Pkg with lots of Food & Game Perks. We will drive Home Friday with a quick stop at Jackson for Lunch.

God Bless You & Your family,

Bob & Carrol.