Monday, June 22, 2009

A day of variety

Our weather continues to be pleasant and that helps with everything else it seems.

I worked in for awhile this morning and dealt with conditions and wrote the last of the 5 brentwood appraisals. I'm still working with trying to hook up with more management companies and faxed a page to a promising company.

I had an early afternoon lunch appointment with a friend and that was so incredibly fun. Then on to Sacramento to take 5 photos and turn around and drive back. Its called a 442, or reinspection. It is a confirmation that the finishing touches have been performed on a property just before the people can move in. In this case it was beautiful hardwood floors throughout. After seeing the property I drove back to see a property on the golf course. It is one of those properties where the people are older and have everything in nice condition and nicely decorated, nothing seems out of place, rooms were large and attractive and wonder of wonders the property located directly across the street just sold for a very good price. That will make the appraisal much stronger with such data to support.

As I drove home I realized that the dogs were out of food so off to Brentwood and PetCo. Then back home to mow the lawn and socialize with the neighbors. Now I'm indoors and after finishing this blog I'm going to bed. Its been a worthwhile day and two new orders came in, one for Petaluma and the other for Antioch so one will take 1.5 hours to reach and the other will take 20 minutes, not bad and both pay a decent fee.

In my personal life I'm searching for discipline, something I have totally let slip over the months. For me that means to bed on time, up and walk, meditate, eat right, do my work on time, be on time for appointments and be ready to go on God's errands.

As I was driving back this afternoon I had a chance to talk at length with Barbara Lammerding. She had been to the doctors today and then the lab and she was very tired and sore. However the reports she is receiving are good, her incision is healing well, pain is managed well and she is moving about well. She is in physical therapy which she enjoys and making really good progress. Gerry, her reluctant nurse is doing a pretty good job too but will certainly be glad when his patient no longer needs his special skills. It was fun to just talk to a very good friend as I blasted down the freeway. Good friends are a very precious commodity.

I thrive off the outstanding emails so many people share, especially I enjoy ones from Steve and Di Souza, Yvonne Miller and Barbara Lammerding. I just don't know where they find so many good ones but they are often a huge lift to the spirits, contain beautiful photographs or comments that are right on for the times we live in.

Wishing each of you a good night,

love

tim

No comments: