Thursday, June 18, 2009

Keanna swims up a storm.


Good evening

Last night our neighbors a couple doors away decided to have a party, at 1 this morning they were still going strong on their back deck and the noise was pretty loud. At 11 I got up and closed the window, turned on the little AC in the bedroom and went to sleep, others were not so lucky. Seemed strange to have such noise on a weeknight but so goes life.

This morning Ken and I walked, chatted and then parted ways to go to work. I drove to Oakland and circled the block time and time again searching for a parking space. A huge motorhome was parked next to the condo project and a film crew was working in a park nearby. Finally the owner called to check up on me and directed me to park in the front of the project under the watchful eye of the doorman. What I found upstairs was pretty amazing. Her unit was on the 15th floor and two of the walls were just glass. The views were amazing, of the hills, the lake, the distant neighborhoods. I wonder how long it takes to get used to such views. She was very sweet and showed me all around the complex. Then it was back on the street to shoot photos of comps and head home. As I began to drive home the blood sugar took a dive and I knew I had to eat. I found a Red Robins in the mall and enjoyed a very good garden burger. Fortified I drove home to find I was so sleepy I could not work.

At 5 I picked up Keanna and delivered her to her swimming lesson. Some positive thinking people turned their ranch into a swimming school complete with parking lot, dressing rooms and a bank of young people read to teach little ones. The setting is really beautiful and the lessons were on point and well done. Then Keanna dressed into her pjs and we headed back to her home. She filled me in on how much she is missing her mom and how well her day is doing caring for she and Kallie. It is always very interesting to have a conversation with Keanna, tonight I introduced her to my WC Fields voice, oh yes. She was amused.

Now I'm back home and am listening as the ACs hum to hold off the heat. Today has suddenly grown much warmer, perhaps up to 100 or so but we could not have cool weather for ever.

Tomorrow I take Keanna to dance rehearsal at around noon and then afterwards we will drive on to Oakland and she will get to welcome her mother home. She can't wait and I'll be very happy to see Nikki home as well.

I've had a very hard time this week getting any office work done. Just so tired all the time! Not fun and I'm not sure what is going on.

Dana has called to say that Ronnie and Jonathan might arrive as early as Sunday for their vacation. It will be so good to have family here again.

Tonight I wish all of you a good night.


love


Tim
ps In the photo Keanna is swimming in the middle of the pool with her head under water!

2 comments:

Bob and Carrol. said...

Good morning Tim,

You are right! the heat was back Yesterday 93 here but very comfortable and they are telling Us that We will cool to the mid 80's for the next 5 days. What a great Summer,so far!

Carrol & I are going to spend the week of the 4th at Reno with the Anderson's. Staying at the "Grand Sierra". We are going to see the "River Cats" of Sacramento play the "Ace's" of Reno at the new Baseball Stadium Park in Reno on Sunday 5th then to the Show "Menapause" at the Eldorado on Tuesday 7th. Wed 8th We will leave Reno for "Carson Valley Inn",at Minden,Lunch there, then on to Jackson for Dinner,Movie and a night at the Hotel.Coming Home to Lodi on Thursday. We will be gone a full week. Carrol says She is up for it so We will give it a try.

Have a good day and a great weekend.

Love You ,

Bob & Carrol.

Deborah W said...

Look at Keanna go! Before you know it she will be the one giving the lessons. I think the heat and the kids may be wearing you out! It's cooling now, so relief is on the way!

Deborah