Sunday, June 14, 2009

Nikki takes to the air, Steve to run daddy day care!

Dear Family and Friends,
Well tonight Nikki is winging her way to Albuquerque and Steve has a real challenge on his shoulders for the next five days. Kallie just turned 1 and Nikki just turned 6. Steve is excellent with the kids and knows his way around caring for them. Still this will be a real challenge for all. I drove over with Nikki to the airport this afternoon for moral support and she called later to say she had been able to both check in and get some food as she arrives there late tonight. I'm not much into partings and it was very sad to observe as she and girls said their goodbyes. Oh that she did not have to work but at this point her job is the most secure of all three of us. She is going to meetings which include the secretary of the department of energy in Washington and other high officials. Her department has been charged with trying to make sure that stimulas money is not wasted or improperly used. They have 30 million to keep 50 billion in the right hands, do the math, there is no way they can keep up with all the dollars and they know it but they must try.
This morning I inspected 5 little houses located on adjacent lots in Brentwood. The owner of all five has them fixed up so nicely with good yards, excellent fences and fresh paint. Now all I have to do is locate perfect comps for each. I have my work laid out for me tomorrow.
Our weather continues to be just wonderful and I keep thinking about the next utility bill, it should be much much lower. One can hope.
Today is our anniversary and from time to time I've thought about different aspects of our years together. I continue to live in a world that seems like someone turned out the lights as I muddle through in the darkness of living alone. I would not wish this on my worst enemy and I could never have imagined what it would be like to live this way. Oh I can pretend its great to be free and make my own decisions or I don't have to worry about Nan's spending on QVC but somehow having her with me would be worth it all.
This week I will concentrate of being a resource to Steve, to back him up when he needs help with the girls and try to get some work done too. I pray for more orders. At this point I have two left to see, one in Antioch from my good friend Barbara and one up in Cameron Park. I have several to complete and I need to keep working on getting approved with management companies. I now have several approvals but no orders from any of them. I just have to keep placing the whole situation in the good Lord's hands and then trust that He will make it all work out according to His riches.
I wish for each of you a good strong week filled with meaning, growth and love.

Tim

No comments: