Friday, June 26, 2009

At MBA


Dear Family and Friends,

As I write I can hear the distant whisper of the breakers as they crash on the shore. It is a cool evening and I'm back in the motorhome after spending a delightful evening with Jason and Jo. We put Timothy to bed and he is in great form. Smiling, laughing, running and giving high fives what fun he is. He knows a birthday party is coming up soon and he is excited.

I rolled out early this morning knowing I had a lot to do and still in the mode, Do it now. So by 1 pm I had written two appraisals, worked on some conditions, did research for the two appraisals to be done while I'm down here, loaded up the motorhome and finally hit the road.

It was a pleasant trip with just one mishap. A truck had blown a tire and a large piece of it was in the lane and try as I might I could not avoid it totally. It hit the motorhome hard and as soon as I could pull over I did so. I found the gas line for the BBQ had been pulled off its connection and was rubbing on the concrete. So after a few moments on my back a single screw seemed to be enough to hold it in place.

My wonderful Nikki had helped me locate the right present for Timothy at a Toys R Us in San Jose and the GPS guided me to the parking lot. After making the purchase I was back on the road and soon I was on 17 going over the mountain. Its a challenge in a car and even more interesting in a 29 foot long motorhome. Yet I 've discovered that if you just stay in your lane and keep alert it is possible. It is always wonderful to top the hill and begin to feel the ocean air as you drop down past Scot Valley and then through Santa Cruz. By the time I had reached MBA the marine layer had cooled the air.

This time I am parking at a different place so to wave the place I usually park for the party on Sunday. Jason suggested a place next to the driveway and with a few plastic blocks I carry the motorhome is level and I'm very comfortable.

The dogs are so excited to be here. I am too. Funny how a few miles and a new setting can give the emotions a boost. Its been a very good week and I've accomplished a lot for which I give God thanks. I am humbled by how things continue to work out in spite of my mistakes and missteps.

I am looking forward to tomorrow but will miss taking Keanna to Sabbath School in Tracy. I do treasure the opportunity to take her to the programs there. such caring teachers and excellent programs, very special.

This evening I am happy to report that Lydia has been allowed to go home from the hospital so I'm assuming that her white count is improved and that she is doing better.

My hope and prayer is that each of you will have your spiritual and social batteries recharged this weekend. Take care to love the one you are blessed with. As I walked the dogs this afternoon I was swamped with the memories of so many happy times spent here at MBA with Nan. How she loved to visit Jason and Jo, to be here by the ocean and to relax in the motorhome away from home. Suddenly I remembered how she loved the MBA experience and I sensed the present state of being so alone and sad. Yet so it goes, for years those alone have tried to share with me what it was like and I thought I understood, but no I didn't get it at all. Now I do.
Lord, please stay in charge, forgive our many detours even our rebellions. We do love you and we know you care for us with a love we don't understand.

love to all,

Tim
ps. The photo shows Timothy as he is enjoying brushing his teeth with his tiger electric toothbrush.

No comments: