Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Whew, its finally over.......

Dear Family and Friends,
I'm just in a few minutes ago.
This morning I took the dogs to the park for a short walk and then started working through the day at my desk. Even though very few new orders have arrived I still have things to work up. I decided to venture to Cameron Park to see a purchase. It was a pleasant drive and I listed to a James Patterson book as I traveled.
I talked to Gerry Lammerding and he confirmed that Barbara was to be released today. We agreed to talk later. When I was through seeing the condo and had shot the comps I headed down the hill and called Gerry but only got the message machine. He called this evening to let me know that once he got to the hospital to pick up Barabara he did not feel well and had to drink apple juice and lie down for some time before he felt strong enough to drive home. He confirmed that they had made it home and that Barbara was in her hospital bed and that both of them were looking forward to a night of rest. I wish I could be more helpful to them.
When I arrived at the home today I reached for my camera only to discover I had left it on my desk. I ended up taking all the photos with my phone and I certainly hope they turn out well. That is a new one for sure.
As I was driving across the levee road I decided to stop at a place called Union Point for a sandwich. It is a little bar which also serves food and is built over the water. I was delighted to have a table near the water and watched the afternoon sun and texted friends. When the bill came it was just $6.98. Now that is a price I can handle!
Now I'm home and ready to fall into bed. I feel blessed that the trip was safe and without any kind of danger. Once again I drove over 500 miles before filling the tank. Unfortunately the price for a fill up has now slipped over the $30 mark!
Tomorrow I have an appointment to see a house in Oakland at 10 am after which I'll run home and work and then take Keanna to swim class in the evening.
I just spoke to Art who reported that he spent time with my brother Jerry and Donna today in K Falls. He and Connie are working their way home and have two little grandchildren Gage and Macy with them. The children will be staying until July 5. Wow, that is devotion! Tonight they are in Redding and tomorrow will sight see there before coming on home.
So for now I bid each of you good night!

love

tim

No comments: