Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July family style





Dear Family and Friends,

10:30 and we are just back from Steve and Nikki's where we enjoyed an afternoon and evening of fun, friends, family and fireworks. Kallie was awake this afternoon for hours and enjoyed being in her swing and on the floor looking up at a special little tent with lights and sounds. Nikki and Steve along with Dana threw their typical great event, meal, BBQ. This evening the group migrated to the street for some safe and sane fireworks and a few less than fully legal ones, suddenly the cop car arrived just as a neighbor had started a ground based display of pops, flames. While the car idled the device just kept going and going. Finally it stopped and the officer said, you know those are illegal and the guy affirmed and then the cop left. It was a totally fun evening as the little ones tried their hands at sparklers, poppers and little fireworks.

I've mostly rested today, sleeping for hours in my work chair. All the walking has sort of gotten to me and my joints are tired and everything is sore it seems.

In the morning I'm taking Keanna to Sabbath School and I hope Dana and Anthony will go too. The kids played so well today and had a blast in the wonderful back yard Steve has created. Kevin, ones of STeve very special friends, his mom and dad and Tara who is Kevin's 12 year old daughter were special guests and Tara held Kallie when Jill would give her up for a bit. Dana held and fed Kallie and I even got my chance. She is a happy contented baby who now weighs nearly 11 lbs and has grown over an inch in her first month. She is a wonderful addition to the family and her parents and Keanna adore her.

Meanwhile reality made its ugly way today when I checked the business account on line. Seems I have moved from the black to the red column overnight, I've just got to remember how many automatic charges come in around the first of the month and be ready for them. I'm praying that God will help once again with some much needed funds, He has not let me down yet but sure seems to do things last minute which is sometimes troubling.

I hope you are enjoying time with your loved ones and friends and that you take time to treasure the privilege of living in this great country, our freedom to friendships, to worship and to live as we please comes at a huge price paid in the blood of those willing to defend this country. I have deep respect for the families who have paid the ultimate price over the years and lost a son, a father, a brother or a sister in the cause of freedom. We now live in a world where there are many people who want us dead, who are jealous of what America means and stands for and wants us all gone, dead. I thank God I've had the high privilege of being born here, raised here and am able to live my life and enjoy my family and friends here, not somewhere else, here. As the fireworks are popping off every few minutes I think again of how precious real freedom is, I don't have to do what the group wants or the government wants, I get to do what I believe is right and move about freely without checking in with anyone. Much of the world is not so lucky.

Good night my family and friends,


love to all,


Tim

No comments: