Wednesday, July 16, 2008

VBS is good medicine

Good evening friends and family,
10:35, just in from Tracy where the program is going strong and nearly 100 kids are enrolled. Kim runs a great program and everyone is getting used to doing their correct thing. I find myself loving it. I felt a great loss tonight. My challenging boy could not come as his mother was in ER with low red count and other problems today so he was with his grandparents in another town. I called when I noted he was missing and she called back. You just would not believe how organized this whole program is, tonight the snack was group made soda over ice cream, all planned ahead of time and created in each little group on a big silver blanket we spread over the floor as our place, then crafts, bible story, tonight in a cardboard boat large enough for everyone and then each child got to step out and "walk on water", some strange substance, great effect on the kids.
The day had been a downer pretty much. To save money I decided not to run AC today so things got warm. I worked on the chiller and hope it will keep the tank cool enough so as to not damage the fish and coral. Then I went to a place in Oakland that is really rough, the last tenants were arrested and taken to jail directly from this house and no one has moved their stuff, just locked the doors, it is rough. Then I followed the GPS as it guided me to 6 comparables in the area, then it was time to turn toward Tracy and I fought traffic for an hour or so. Then change the shirt into the VBS "power lab" green shirt and assume a new role.
Major victory today was having herbal tea this morning instead of the mocha, not bad, not exciting but not bad really.
Once again no money in the mail but this evening brought a real blessing. When I settled down in the work chair I turned to see nothing in the fax machine. Calls during the day had led me to believe I would see an order. Upon closer inspection I found the machine to be out of paper. When I placed paper in the holder the machine reached into its vast memory and printed out not one, not two but three orders. Wow! I was talking to Art as I made the discovery and he rejoiced with me over the good news. Thank the good Lord for these orders. I also had a call this morning in response to the statements Loree mailed out yesterday. I nice lady was just calling to say, she had forgotten to mail and check and was doing so right then, yea! So that makes mailing the statements out worth our time, Thank you Loree.

For now I'm tired, eyes are dry, its bed time for bozo here.

love

tim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim!

This sounds like a very successful day to me. 3 orders, a promise for a check in the mail, good VBS experience.... Welcome back to life! These are the little joys that life is made of. How often we ignore the little victories and blessings. I'm glad you are working with VBS even if it does feel a little out of your comfort zone. Those little boys will end the week loving you!

Roger has gone golfing this a.m. I'm glad he is taking time on a regular basis for something fun. He golfs with 3 other guys every Thursday a.m. They aren't great at it, but they have a lot of fun and find a lot of golf balls.

The CD's are finished and picked up yesterday. You will be getting yours soon. Roger got the mailers yesterday and will be mailing them probably today. No, they aren't perfect, but it is who they are. I hope you will be blessed.

We love you ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

Praise the Lord for the new orders,etc. The great weather is a big boost too.

Carrol's Clinic day went well and She again will be able to stay off of Chemo for the next month at least till the 11th when the next lab report will be avaliable. We are praying for continued stability on the numbers to keep the Chemo away.

Good news from Peden's, glad to read that the CD's are "In the Mail" looking forward to that. What a joy really Good Music is in so many ways.

We will be going to the Center for Lunch today and a Movie afterwards, should be a good Day. Movie is "Bucket List".

Have a good day,

Love to You & Yours,

Bob & Carrol.

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, hooray for orders and checks! You had a roller-coaster day but then, aren't most days? Glad it ended well. VBS sounds like such fun; you'll end it with great memories and new friends (the little boys). Have a great day today!