Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Keeping going when the spirit is down

Dear Friends and Family,
10:20, the end of a worthless day really. Yes I have done some work, yes I walked to the mailbox, no there was no money in the mail, just bills. I tried to list the timeshare today but it ended up with a $600 fee to just list it so that idea is on hold. I was able to cancel the Sprint data card which costs $60 a month. The two year contract was not up until 2/9/09 but when they learned the details and I faxed the death certificate they waived the fee and cancelled the account. One more little savings.
Today has been warm, was 70 when I walked the dogs to the park this morning. I've stayed in working and have a sore backside to prove it. The real challenge was to write an appraisal for a 4 unit property in Oakland. It is located near Berkeley and is a very nice well kept property. However there are hardly any recent sales in the area of similar properties. What a challenge to search and search to try to find just one more sale that will pull the report together. Finally after 5 this evening I was able to email the report and hopefully tomorrow a check will be coming my way.
I really believe in children, I've heard from both of mine today, Nikki had to cut her call short since she was on her phone on the road with no bluetooth device, so not hands free. Jason called but I eventually had to let him go as I had a call, let me tell you when the business line rings I make very sure I answer it. I carry the phone with me to the bathroom, the mailbox, the kitchen, I'm taking no chance at missing that next order.
Jo, Jason's wife, is feeling better today and is able to enjoy her summer freedom again. We all look forward to getting together on Friday to celebrate little Timothy's big day. He is a charmer, do I sound like a grandpa? I know your kids are really nice and your grandkids are really cute and bright but I can only speak about mine and I think they are just great.
I've been good today regarding food. I had oatmeal for breakfast, raw veges for lunch with a hint of chopped tomato fresh from the vine and a V8. This evening I made wheat pasta and had a 1/2 can of broccoli non fat soup mixed in, another tomato cut up in pieces and green beans. In the last 2 days I've lost 2.5 lbs and am feeling pretty good physically. Its been a battle to keep the spirits up today with the feeling that the walls of life are closing in on me. Its no fun to be broke, I mean really broke. You know it and now I know it too.
I've tried to lay out the financial situation before the Lord and seek His guidance. Sylvia made some good suggestions this morning in an email and I've been working on getting statements shipped out to clients who owe money. I've also been trying to get my desk cleared of all back work and conditions so I'm ready when the orders arrive!
Can I ask that you keep me in your prayers. I've not faced some of this stuff ever before and its hard to know what to do next or not do.
have a good evening, Barbie you can go to bed now!

take care my precious friends and family,

ps this evening Art and Connie have returned from their road trip and are staying at their Indio home. They are resting up from many many miles just driven. I'm thankful they are safe.

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim! I am keeping you in my prayers, definitely; I am sure work will come along soon. I just got a little yesterday, after a long while without anything new; now it's your turn!