Thursday, July 24, 2008

A day of contrasts






Good evening,

This morning found Art and I walking around Willow Lake, a 3 mile tour. Then we came back to hit the showers and find something to eat. Last nights bread baking ended up very successful and while the loaf weights in at about 2 lbs when sliced thin it is very very good. Art and I each had a slice this morning and I actually skipped the oatmeal, the toast filled me up.

At 9 a guy arrived to demonstrate and explain his program for weight and life management. His presentation was very interesting and he answered questions I have long wondered about. He also posed new ideas, one was the idea that protein cannot be stored in the body so when a person takes on protein it calls on fat reserves as fuel and helps one lose weight. He came recommended by Dr. Savage who serves as my cardiologist. Art and I both enjoyed what he had to offer. Unfortunately the start up cost is $500 and I have to take some time to consider whether I can find that kind of money when if I just follow the plan laid out in the book Jason gave me I can experience the same dramatic weight loss using normal items from the grocery store. I ask that he contact me again next week so I'll have some time to mull over his offer. Both Art and I were impressed with the professional and reasonable approach to food management.

After the presentation ARt was kind enough to follow me into town where I left the bug in the hands of a local service team. Late this afternoon the owner called to say the fuse box had burned up in the bug, this was causing the AC fan by the radiator to fail part of the time resulting in overheating of the engine and loss of cooling at times. He can have it fixed by tomorrow afternoon with a cost of $550. Ouch again. I told him to go ahead and within an hour the phone rang, it was a lady who has switched lenders, owes me for an appraisal I just completed and wanted to settle up with a credit card. Unexpected joy filled my heart as funds came in I did not expect. Not enough yet to cover the house payment but I'm getting there slowly.

After Art left today I opened the mailbox to find just one envelope from Sprint. As I shared on July 9 Sprint had decided to allow me to cancel the data card service and waive the cancellation fee of $200 for ending the contract early. Well here was a bill warning me my service was just about to be cancelled if I didn't pay for July. Wait, I had already cancelled that! So I called their accounting office and was kicked around for the next hour. They denied the service had ever been cancelled, they said that it didn't matter than I had faxed in the death certificate since the account was in my name I had to pay no matter what. I moved from person to person and even the supervisor said she would do nothing in spite of my being told on the 9Th of July that the service was turned off and the fee waived. In anger I was finally hung up on and I sat steaming. Then I pulled my file and found to my amazement that I had used their chat room to cancel the service and I in fact had a print out of the conversation where they clearly said my service was cancelled without any left over fee. So I found the chat room on line and laid out what had happened, I included the number printed out from the last chat experience and they quickly found it. Within 5 minutes after reviewing the file and account they once again cancelled the service and waived the $200 fee. So now I will wait and see what happens next. Seems the chat room reps for accounting are a different bunch from the live on the phone people. I wasted over 2 hours pursuing a solution. So in considering Sprint I would say chat room yes and live phone person no!

This evening I went to grief group once again, I've been away for two weeks but it was a good experience to be back. We all hang on each persons reporting of their week and cheer when its good and tear up when its bad. Overall its a very good experience. Tonight I took the special book Karen Cress so lovingly created with nan's photos of her life. They were amazed at such a book even being possible. Thanks once again Karen for such a wonderful gift. I've enjoyed it a thousand times and so have so many others as well.

Sending love, looking for work, for money, for companionship at times, all in God's timing.

Sharon sends word that she survived the class #2 storm well with only minor damages here and there. She said the rain did fall, big time.

I've included a few photos from Timothy's birthday party. I know you will enjoy them.

love


tim
PS The little green ATV was a gift from Dana which she purchased almost at the time he was born. Now he loves it. Thanks Dana!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Here We go for another weekend. Great Weather ahead so no excuse for not having a good time.

Carrol & I are going to have lunch Sabbath at the Olive Garden and We would love to have You join Us. We are anxious to see Marilyn again, She is so Special. Give Us a call if You can be there or maybe Sunday would fit better ?

Yeaterday at the Center We saw the Movie "The Final Season" great Baseball Movie about a Small Town in Iowa "Norway" 20 State Championships. , True Story. Next Weeks Picture is "The Bucket List" We have seen that one but will watch it again.

Next thursday 31st at the Center We are having a Special Picnic (In House) and We would love to have You & Marilyn join Us if You could work it out. 11:30 at the center in Lodi, just let Us know so We can reserve You a spot, Free & Great Food!!

Have a good Friday,

Bob & Carrol.