Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sylvia visits grief group.

Dear Family and Friends,
This evening as I write a cool breeze is beginning to blow through the house. Anthony has fallen asleep on the love seat and Dana has just given up and gone up to bed. She and Nikki and the children enjoyed a day of local shopping and preparing for tomorrow's BBQ at Steve and Nikki's place. Dana has so many yummy things and tonight she is making some baked beans the long way, cooking for hours. There are also some Krispy Creme Donuts but I'm leaving them in the box, that's just something I can live better without. However a few minutes ago I did have some wheat bread with fresh tomato's that Anthony picked from the plants on the deck.
I worked in this morning after the walk and after I installed the battery in the boat and vacuumed it out. I spent about an hour trying to find normal comparables, ones that sold without being bank owned. The appraisal worth $500 was cancelled because I could not find comps that were regular sales, they were all either bank owned or short sales and the lender just wanted non stressed sales. In Concord there are no such sales at this time of condo units. I hated to lose the deal, I could use the $500 but that is the way things are right now.
So this afternoon I drove to Napa to do an appraisal, beautiful property in a very nice development for people 55 and over. Problem is this, there are no sales in the development and no sales of competing units in other projects.
To compound the afternoon stress it took over 2 hours to reach Byron and the grief group due to extreme traffic problems getting out of Napa.
Sylvia visited the grief group this evening and in fact had already arrived when I finally made it. I think she enjoyed the group, they are very special people all searching for hope, courage and a better life. We have a great group leader and some very brave people. They have been a huge help to me over the past few months.
This evening my eyes are really dry and hurting and my special eye drops wait upstairs. I hope your 4th of July is a special day for you and your family.
love to all,

Tim

No comments: