Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Whew, its a hot one

Dear Family and Friends,
Well here I am once again writing a few lines about today and life in general.
Ken and I walked this morning in spite of it already being warm. Then I quickly made some oatmeal (the old fashion kind I know how to make) and hit the road. I drove to Rancho Cordova using some back roads and enjoyed the inspection. Then having confirmed the next appointment I headed for Oakley. As the day progressed it became hotter and hotter, my car said it was over 112 outside but its usually wrong. In Oakley I found all the repair work completed on the house and quickly I was back in the car heading home to work.
Upon returning home the mail box was once again devoid of any checks, booo.
The dogs were glad to have me home, the house was decently cool and comfortable. I waded into the various tasks on my desk and have accomplished quite a bit.
For dinner I decided to go healthy. Jason called earlier and encouraged me. I found Dana had left a package of fresh vegetables unopened. I also found some mushrooms that needed attention. Well I sauteed the mushrooms and draped them over the veges. What a feast and with a fresh tomato cut into little pieces I had a great meal. It was very filling and had loads of flavor.
This evening I got to talk to Nikki and to my brother Jerry, earlier in the day I spoke with Art who was once again on the road traveling west. Checking in with Dana I found she had mowed their huge lawn in 98 degree heat and was enjoying being at home once again.
I face a bit of uncertainty for tomorrow. I have no orders, its been a week since any checks came in and I feel a little uneasy. I would appreciate your prayers for guidance as I move forward.
I am thankful for a safe day of travel, for the work I had to do today and for my basic health. I am very thankful for each of you.

love

tim

3 comments:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, I just (finally) got a new client today, and am praying that you will soon, too. Think positive, imagine those new orders (and checks) are already in hand, and they will be. By the way, I do digital scrapbooking-for-hire, and would love to do a free page layout for you, suitable for framing. I fill in my "unused" work hours doing layouts for friends and family -- it also helps me hone my skills. If you are interested send me one to three digital photos to deborah@webajeb.com. Take care, and God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

We are staying in today , Air is not good at all.

We all are thankful for good AC and pray that Our Cooling units keep working. What did We ever do without AC. I can well remember long trips in the Car with all the windows open sitting on Vinyl seats for hours. Those were the days!

The main reason that We got rid of Our 66 Mustang convertable was the fact that it had no AC. We had it for 10 Years after I spent a Year & many $$'s restoring it. It now resides is Livonia Michigan. The new Owners are delighted with it, as We were. It was so much fun to Drive when the weather was good but when it was Hot it was miserable so it stayed in the Garage most of the time. Classic Cars are a kick but sure do have a way of consuming Dollars.

Have a good Day ,
Stay Cool,

Bob & Carrol.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,
We are enjoying RAIN!!! We got 1 1/2 inches today. It also cooled down to about 70 degrees. Oh we don't miss the 100's at all!

No work for tomorrow? Maybe God is giving you a day to do those little tasks that you never have time to do. Another good day to look around to see how you can cut costs or sell something. God leads in mysterious ways at times.

We are getting a new assistant manager! An adult this time. She is 52, just lost her husband 4 months ago and looking for a complete change. She comes to us from TX and should be here next week. I'm so tired of dealing with children who can't think for themselves. She knows our place is up for sale and it will probably be a temporary job. She really isn't looking for a long term commitment yet. I feel very positive about this one.

Take care, Tim. Use tomorrow wisely.

We love you ~ Carol