Sunday, October 25, 2009

Apple Hill Rules





































Dear Family and Friends,








As I write this evening I am fully aware that my life is about to change. Marilyn is flying home tomorrow since her kids need direction and can no longer cope without her! Actually they are looking forward to seeing her but needing direction is probably not the reason. She has been here for several months and I've grown used to having a second person in the house. She has been helpful in many ways and it will take a bit to adjust to being alone again. She has been generous with her funds, time and help but the thought of her grandson singing before a major sports event and she not being there, well that was a strong reason for her return.








This morning we all loaded up the van and headed for Apple Hill which is a couple hours away. I drove up and Steve drove back. It takes a lot of support supplies to carry two little ones for the day. Kallie rode in her car seat and faced back which means she got to spend a couple hours of fun seeing both mommy and daddy. Keanna sat in the back with her daddy and watched some DVDs. We arrived to find our favorite place hopping with people and ended up parking between the apple trees. We checked out the fishing pond where several kids caught fish. Kallie and her daddy got within a foot of a big white duck and Kallie was saying quack quack. I have a photo at the top of this blog. Keanna rode a pony and loved it. We purchased apple donuts which were as good as ever.








When I went to use the restroom something happened. My wallet fell out of my pocket and later when I was preparing to pay for a make it yourself candle for Keanna I felt and there was no lump. In desperation I went to the counter where they were selling drinks. The girl dropped everything and ran up to the office to check. She came back smiling, yes they had my wallet and she would take me there. So we walked back to the office and there it was with the MONEY still inside. Wow was I thankful. So I went back and left a tip for the girl that helped.








We walked through many craft booths where they sell nearly everything and finally loaded up and headed home. Marilyn kept Steve awake by talking to him and the rest of us fell asleep all the way home. It was a full and wonderful day. What a great family God has blessed me with.








So I send my love to one and all,
















Tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Great photos of a fun day, Tim! Amazingly, I have never been to Apple Hill. MUST remedy that this year! Thx for a fun post.

Deborah