Thursday, October 1, 2009

The wonderful world of Kallie

It was magic. I had just scooped her up from her little bed, changed her and then we came downstairs. At the foot of the stairs I put her down so she could walk and as she moved about Keanna's play room she moved from toy to toy and pushed buttons that made them come to life, finally she reached a long white toy which had buttons on it and she moved around until she could push one of the buttons, then a loud drum sound started and continued. She moved back into the middle of the room and started dancing to the music, this terrific little 15 month old was dancing up a storm in her PJs and grinning up at her pappa. I won't forget that moment, it was just too cute.

Then I delivered her to the sitters where she did not want me to leave at all, finally she began to play a game of hide and seek with Sam and I was able to slip away. How anyone could willingly miss out on moments like these I just don't know. I kept thinking how much Nan would have loved to see her in action.

This evening when I delivered the van to Nikki Kallie was eating and she had discovered tator tots and little grapes. Between sipping water from her cup she was putting down grapes as fast as she could and dipping her tator tots in her catchup. What a kid! She had just talked to her daddy who is visiting his father in Arkansas with Keanna, they were having a great time. Tonight Nikki is loading the van for the twins sale, a huge sale of childrens items that takes place at the county fair grounds.

Marilyn and I went to inspect an old house for a bank but the key was missing. We still walked the grounds and measured the house, shot photos and lamented how sad that the once beautiful property had been allowed to fall into such disrepair.

Over the last few days I've been taking dozens of calls from the lender who holds the loans on my house. Now mind you I'm not late at least not over 30 days but this month it seems they have a direct line to my desk. Some are respectful, others are pretty bad, none ever read the notes on my file before they call so they always ask for Erin or Tim Mustard and each time I have to let them know that Erin has died and that I'm trying as hard as I can to keep the payments coming and so far have never missed one yet they are relentless. Really tries ones patience of which I seem to have little any more.

This evening Marilyn prepared a meal of whole wheat pasta and some good sauce with vege meat in it. Even Lois decided to give it a try. It was great and I'm so glad to discover a pasta that has some good stuff in it. She did a great job.

Right now I'm very sleepy and more than ready to head to bed. I'm hoping that your weekend coming up with be filled with meaning and peace. I know mine will be very special. I'll pick up Kallie tomorrow afternoon and she will spend the evening, night here with Marilyn and me. We will have her all day Sabbath as well and look forward to meeting Bob and Carrol at Olive Garden if they are up to a special guest, Kallie, coming along. It is hard to be to discouraged or depressed when Kallie is around. She smiles, plays, teases and smiles some more. She is GREAT!

Love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

Bob and Carrol said...

Hi Tim & Marilyn,

My Garage Doors are now equiped with New "State of the art" Belt Drive Openers. Fully alarmed. What a relief to have that finally done. Now I will replace My Tools & Box that were taken from Us 6 weeks ago.

Hope Your Weekend is a good one and enjoy the cool Fall weather.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol