Monday, October 19, 2009

Working and coughing

Dear Ones,
We are just back from a nice dinner in Brentwood. I had their wonderful zucchini soup and their house salad which is packed with all kinds of lettuce, walnuts and other goodies. Its been a grueling day and at this point I'm glad it is nearly over.

I left the house this morning at 11, then discovered no phone so I had to come back. I finally reached the first property, the agent was there and we had a good time as I inspected the property. Then it was off to see the next one for him. My car was running with the low fuel light on and 560 miles travelled. After the next appointment was over I hit a diabetes wall, low blood sugar was making me not think straight and I was compelled to get food in me and diesel in the car. I asked the Lord to help and first I found a new gas station that carried diesel for a great price, it took 13 gallons and it holds 13 gallons, whew! Then in a couple blocks I found my least favorite Taco Bell, it surrounded by pretty rough characters, car alarms going off, people hanging around and eyeing you, yikes. You wonder if you will be on the 6 pm news as a shooting victim. After the food was in I then had to shoot the comps for both appraisals and then it was home. Well traffic was in shock over the heavy rains that had been falling so it snail pace for the next 1.5 hours but finally I reached home, a bathroom, Marilyn and the little ladies who greeted me at the door.
I've been doing office work since and Loree came today to help out and she really worked over the piles of files. She is a wonder worker when I can afford to have her come and work. She showed us photos of Tamara's new truck, what a great looking Dodge Truck and she is so proud of it, been saving her money for years and working hard at the ranch to be able to get it.
Well I'm in that lovely position of having a bit more work than I can handle since I feel so rough all the time. The coughing is still very much with me and the resulting head ache and stiff neck is there too. Jim has gotten a lot of the kinks out of my neck, he is a wonder worker for sure.
This evening as we were driving in to Brentwood the phone rang and a desperate loan agent was asking if I could do a rush job on an appraisal so I'm off to Oakland tomorrow and Stockton as well.
I do wish I could regain my normal health, I'm taking the antibiotic faithfully and I'm so hoping that it along with lots of fluids and decent rest will get me going again.
I send my best wishes to you and try to avoid getting sick. It sort of takes the joy out of living.

Love

tim

No comments: