Thursday, October 8, 2009

Living life one day at a time




Dear Family and Friends,


I've just read through a few items of interest in the latest GIST magazine from the LifeRaft.org. I read a sad obit about a mother of 2 boys who has just died at age 46 from GIST. Boys of 15 and 17 who are active in sports and loving life now must cope with life without their beautiful mother. Oh where is the justice or fairness in such a world? I've not figured out yet how to be at peace with gross unfairness, our families loss of Nan who died without a good reason. Struck down by a below the belt illness that no one could see coming. She lived her life carefully, never strove to be on the edge or to push the boundaries yet she ended up being one of the longest living victims of GIST with her 5 huge surgeries, hundreds of days in the hospital, endless trial drugs and procedures in about 5 different hospitals. I miss her, I resent the fact that she is gone, I lament the loss of a great happy woman who made our world a much better place.




Just now Marilyn, Lois and I have come home after having dinner with the girls at a local Mexican place, our course once our girls are through the fire hoses have to come out to clean up the floor and chairs. Kallie gets the spoon but by the time it is to her mouth it is upside down and with rise and gravity well you can just see the rest. After a long day of work we had headed out to see Keanna and Sophie at gymnastics. Sophie is Lois's little 4 year old granddaughter and a quick learner. Keanna is doing some pretty neat stuff now and loves her classes.




At dinner I got to hear about her recent trip to Arkansas where she had a great time with several relatives. Keanna told me tonight that she enjoyed meeting her grandpa, Steve's dad, but she held a special place in her heart for her pappa, me. That was nice.




This morning we finally gained entrance to that Stockton property after two other tries failed when the key that was supposed to be there was not there at all. So we got in. The home was an older one with lots of evidence of bad care. It smelled, reeked actually and needs just about everything redone to make it right. We were glad to have finally gained entry.




Now its time to take some time to unwind and then sleep. Tomorrow I drive to Sonora to MiWuk Village to see a house. Also on the agenda are properties in Windsor, above Santa Rosa, Oakland and Stockton. While I'm thankful to have work I could use a little less travel involved.




Good night all,




love




tim

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

oh, my good golly, that Keanna is a pistol! And Kallie, growing up so fast and so pretty!

Drive safe today, Tim.

Deborah