Sunday, October 4, 2009

Not feeling so good.

Dear Family and Friends,
Its evening and we are back after of day of Marilyn driving and me snoozing. We drove to Cotati to do a driveby and then to Stockton to see the interior of a house we were not able to get into last week. Well the key was not there again so now its getting serious.
Last night was one of those nights you just want to forget. As the evening progressed I could feel myself getting worse and worse. By the time I went to bed I had a temp of over 100 and it was 101 this morning. When I undressed for bed the chilling started. Each time I had to get up to go to the bathroom was misery with my body shaking with cold and each time felt wonderful when I could slip back into the warm bed and Starr would help warm me up. The breathing mask tended to make things worse as it forced everything from my head into my lungs.
This morning I stumbled out of bed and into the shower where I stayed for a long time. That plus a Tylenol broke my fever this morning and in a few minutes my shirt was soaked with sweat. Finally I could put off the days business no longer so we headed out. Marilyn did all the driving and it was a pleasant day but as the day progressed I started coughing and now the cough is back.
This morning I called Dr. Jim and caught him during his walk around the lake. He was kind enough to call in some meds which I have started.
When I have a day of illness I am reminded of how blessed I am to have normally pretty good health. This week I'll see Jim as he requested I come in for an appointment to make sure everything is OK.
Well there is a new week ahead and I'm praying for health, for lots of work, for a safe trip home by Steve and Keanna tomorrow night and for God's will to be done.

love to all

Tim

No comments: