Friday, October 9, 2009

A week in a daze

Dear Family and Friends,
I'm nearly asleep so this will be brief. I'm not to keen on this week, its been a bummer mostly. Last Sabbath morning I woke with a very nasty sore throat. As the day progressed the sore throat was joined by fever, head congestion and coughing. Sat. night was pretty awful with fever and pain. Sunday found me taking a Tylenol and having almost instant breaking of the fever. Marilyn was amazed how fast it happened and how soaked my shirt was after just a few minutes. Jim started me on some meds Sunday afternoon and Marilyn drove me to appraisal appointments that were many miles away. That was very kind of her and really helped. During the week I've gotten some better but have a terrible cough which is so intense that as a result my head hurts most of the time.
Today has been very long. I had to drive to Mi Wuk Village which is located above Sonora on Highway 108. The house was interesting and the comps I had selected were just too nice so a very kind real estate person helped me with better data. It took all day to make the long trip up, search for comps and then drive back. I arrived home at 6 and then got to have dinner with the girls at Strings at about 7:30. Tonight Kallie used her fork and fed herself the spaghetti sauce directly, don't bother with the noodles, just eat the sauce. What a huge mess she ended up being but she left happy. As I drove away she turned and waved and say, bye. Both girls were so cute, they had just come from having professional photos taken and their hair was up.
So now I'm home alone and heading for bed soon. I'm totally worn out from driving, coughing and stressing out.
Coming home this afternoon I just was hit with the reality of once again coming home with no Nan there to greet me, how awful life becomes when your special someone is taken. Its more like existence, not living.
Have a good weekend,

love

tim

No comments: