Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A hard day with success at the end

Dear Family and Friends,
What a day! It started during the night when the wind started to whirl around the house and even caused drafts through the bedroom, enough that the dogs and I woke several times. At 7 I was up and in the warm shower, it felt so good in the freezing room. Then it was down for an Oatmeal breakfast. I drove out at 8:30 for a 9:30 appointment in Richmond. Traffic was decent and the inspection was fun, two young people who bought a house in terrible repair and have it in good updated condition now. Yes they are making a lot of money for their efforts and that's good too.
After I left Richmond I headed for Oakley to shoot comps for the one I saw yesterday. Then on to a ranch on 1.88 acres. What a cute place. It was about 40 years old, had perfect hardwood floors, updated windows and kitchen, the entire site had been cleared of debris. It was the kind of place that makes you think. How I would love to have some space to park the motorhome, the boat, a shop, grow a huge garden like my brothers. All for less than $350,000 at today's prices. No wonder there are multiple buyers bidding for these properties.
Then it was to CVS to buy some meds, a new battery for one of the multiple phones I have scattered over the house and a new pen to do my inspections with.
Before I left Richmond this morning I happened on a Taco Bell and had an interesting experience! The wind was blowing pretty hard and the lady who didn't speak English had a hard time making out my order, hard enough that when I bit into the burrito it was BEEF, not bean! Yuk. Oh wow do I not like that taste! So I drove through again and she got it this time and when she handed me the burrito she gave me back a dollar. Nice touch!
When I arrived home I sat right down and went to work writing appraisals. I was able to quickly complete the one I wrestled with last night as they decided they could live with a lower sale price. Then I wrote two more reports and now I'm very tired of writing.
This evening Joyce called to tell me she was listening to Grieg on a Sacramento public station. She knows I love Grieg and everything he ever wrote. We figured out how I could access the station through my computer and I caught the last of the piece she was listening to. Plus I've kept it on the rest of the evening and its a great great station. Wonderful music and just now something by Grieg is playing again. Wonderful wonderful music.
I am thankful for the increased work load right now. And I am thankful that Marilyn did reach her Rhode Island destination ahead of time. She and James, 9 year old grandson, were on their way to lunch when I spoke to her. She is 3030 miles from Discovery Bay according to her GPS.
Good night all,

love

tim

1 comment:

Bob and Carrol. said...

Hi Tim,

Glad to read that You are busy and feeling better.

Went to Jackson this Morning and did quite well! Almost $400.00 for about 60 minutes of play time. I was thinking of Marilyn while the $$'s were adding up. She would have been pleased.

Sure glad the wind has let up a bit.

Are You bothered by the Bay Bridge being closed? What a mess that is turning out to be!

Carrol has a Bone Scan Tomorrow,(Lodi) MRI Tuesday (Elk Grove), all prep work for Her Knee Replacement Surgery on Dec 4th. We are praying for good pictures and a successfull Operation. She is getting really tired of depending on a Walker to get around.

Have a good rest of the week.

How about Lunch at the Garden Sabbath ?

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.