Saturday, October 3, 2009

A day with Kallie, sickness and fevers

Dear Family and Friends,
This has been a pretty interesting day. It started this morning early as Kallie woke up around 6:30. I woke feeling terrible, nasty sore throat, stuffed head, painful neck and lower part of my head. I stumbled in and met Kallie with a huge smile. Nikki had clued me in to hide her bottle until after changing her. So I quickly changed her in the limited light coming from the curio cabinet in the hall. Then I offered her the bottle and she settled down for another hour. While she was confined in her little bed I took a quick shower drying to make my head and shoulders feel better.
When I went down to breakfast in my raggy old green robe I cut up some grapes, heated up some meat pieces and brought Kallie down. She started eating quickly and did a great job. Then it was time to head out to Sabbath School. Marilyn was already ready to go and we arrived late. Kim had a great program and Kallie seemed to fit in. Perhaps the thing she enjoyed most was the little cup of treats at the end of the program. By this time I was feeling so ill that I cancelled my trip to have lunch with Bob and Carrol. Instead I came home and by the time we drove in Kallie was asleep. So I scooped her up and carried her upstairs, not the easiest of tasks. I laid her down and she went back to sleep. She then let us nap as well for the next three hours! At that point I had to leave to pick up Pam and Terry who were arriving on Amtrack in Sacramento. Although I felt really rough I drove there and picked them up, delivered them to Lodi and then back home where I've made tomato soup and have been in the recliner under a blanket since. While I was gone Marilyn stepped in and cared for Kallie. She had a great time and Kallie was so happy to see Nikki when she arrived.

This evening I know I'm spiking a bit of a fever and I can only hope some rest will help.

Kallie is really a job to have. She smiles, is pleasant and loves to explore. She brings a tough of God to my life. What a wonderful experience.

love

tim

No comments: