Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Transition











Dear Ones,




This was another busy day with some big decisions made. Woke this morning after an interesting night of dreaming. It was cold in spite of the windows being closed, the wind was howling again. A hot steamy shower helped kick start the day.

Breakfast consisted of a piece of wheat toast and two Stripples since the Soy milk is gone. I'm trying not to mix fruit and any other fruit after reading something that Barbara sent via email. It made great sense and I hope its right.

I settled in to write an appraisal but had decided last night that I would join Club One today. Its the health club that Nikki has enjoyed for several years. When the report was completed it seemed that the gods were transpiring to keep me from getting there, call after call came in with questions or problems. I finally just walked out. Loree has come in a few minutes earlier and I just let her handle the calls.

At Club One I realized that I only had a very limited amount of time. They handled the signing up process very quickly and gave me a tour of the facilities. I've included a few photos to show at least part of the club. I especially enjoyed learning that the club was often nearly empty in the evenings, a time that I think I could really benefit from. Suddenly it was time to leave if I was to reach Keanna in time at school. I drove to DB and arrived just in time to greet her. She hoped for McDonalds and I had planned to take her. We did that and rented a movie too since I needed her to go with me to see a new house in Tracy to make a quick bank inspection. She was a great trooper and enjoyed lunch and her movie on Nan's little DVD player. We arrived back in Brentwood with 15 minutes to spare before music class. So we did homework and she got one page done before it was time to go in. Once I had Keanna safely placed I headed home to take care of some pressing business for clients and then relaxed a bit.

Lois invited me to join her at McDonalds for a salad which I enjoyed. This evening I just had lemon for a dressing and it tasted great, no calories! Then it was time for grief group at the nearby Methodist Church. Tonight the group started sort of slow and my coughing did not help. But as the evening progressed several important gems emerged which I will apply in my own experience. It was a great time together.

After group I drove into Brentwood to the club and just walked around checking out all the facilities. Two wonderful racquet ball courts were still and dark, no one playing. Oh how I love to play racquet ball, now to coax someone else to join that loves to play. I priced a gym bag but at $39 I decided that CostCo would be a better choice.

Now I'm home, completely tired but relieved that the day went so well. Joining the club has been on my mind as you know dear reader. What finally drove me to consider joining is that the trend of my life since I became an appraiser has been to gain weight. When I started 22 years ago I was about 155 lb and now I'm 236. My body is not built for 236 and I spend quite a bit of my time just figuring out how to get my socs on, my nails clipped, how not to fall when the room spins around, finding pants that still fit, those of you who have gained weight will know all the sad details that go with weight. None are pretty. So do I lament that I'm heavy or face it? I decided that the $55 a month amounts to about 3 less times at Olive Garden when I'm by myself. The club offers two sessions with a trainer as an introduction to the club. I'm hoping they can help me set out a basic plan that will include the machines, cardio etc.
Over a year ago Roxanna was in the kitchen and we were talking and she handed me some money to get started at the club. I kept that money for months until finally some crisis ended up sucking up the money, well today Roxanna I'm moving forward, thanks!

Take care my friends, family.

Sending love to all,








Tim

No comments: