Thursday, October 29, 2009

So blessed

yes, in spite of hacking my lungs out and having to sit in this chair for the last 16 hours I feel very blessed. For some reason I am alive. I have no idea of the bigger scheme of things, of how various factors, bugs, infections, cancers end up doing what they do. I cannot begin to understand what is taking place in Washington right now. There seems to be a huge disconnect from hard working people who live their lives faithfully, paying their bills, avoiding debt and the crowd in Washington that just keep spending as if somehow it does not matter, of course it matters, it is real money and someone someday will have to pay it back. Things that were promised to be done in the clear light of Cspan are hammered out behind locked doors and we are supposed to be excited.
Yet in spite of the insanity they call Washington I feel blessed. I have a host of terrific friends who are intelligent, witty and genuine, a great family of hard working honest people who dare to dream dreams, do a great job with their kidos and care about country and each other.
This morning when I was awake but unwilling to expose my feeble body to the extreme temperatures of the bedroom I came up with this plan, get exercise and accomplish a mission too. So I jumped out, shivered and dressed to ride. I grabbed my bicycle with its automatic transmission and headed out for the motorhome storage lot which is several miles away. It was not easy but it was great and the morning was perfect. Finally I arrived, started the motorhome and loaded the bike on the rack, drove home and came into the office and went to work. I've been cranking out appraisal work ever since. I've dealt with incoming phone calls, orders and actually got some serious work accomplished.
Since I'm driving to see Jason and Jo with Mr. Timothy tomorrow I've now had two orders and perhaps three come in that can be done while I'm that way. What a nice blessing that is. I do look forward to seeing these special people and enjoy the beauty of their location near the ocean. The dogs are already very excited as they caught sight of the motorhome through the garage door and they know a trip is coming!
So in spite of the mess on the other side of the country we still have our freedoms for now and we can enjoy family, nature, friends and yet another day on this earth.

Love to all

Tim

No comments: