Monday, October 12, 2009

Dizzy but productive







Hello all you out there in blog land!



What a night last night turned out to be. I went to bed shortly after completing the blog. In a short time I woke and was sort of unsettled, could not get the mask to fit correctly and I tossed and turned. Finally at about midnight I slipped out of bed leaving the dogs to slumber on. How I wish that had turned out to be true. I came down and did an intense saline wash of my nasal passages so I could breath and took a slug of codeine for the persistent cough. Then I sat down at my computer and wrote an appraisal. At some point I heard the sound of one of the dogs getting off the bed upstairs. But when I finally went upstairs and opened my door the odor was overwhelming. Starr had a huge problem and it was all over my floor. So here I am trying to see the humor of the event scrubbing the floor endlessly in a vain attempt to save the carpet. Finally I gave up and went to bed. Starr said she felt fine and settled right down for the night. So did I. At 7 this morning I woke and in my robe came down and went right back to work writing appraisals. It was 3 this afternoon when Nikki called to lure us out of the house for pizza that I dressed. Of course both pizza joints were closed up solid so we ended up in McDonalds with the kidos and had a happy time.



I've continued to work this evening after whipping up some eggs this evening for Marilyn and myself. They turned out good. This afternoon it was chilly so I had my first fire of the season and what made it so special was this, the wood was from Jerry's backyard brought home in the motorhome. Seemed to burn a little extra warm.



Now its time to head to bed. I think to be honest I feel a little better than a day ago. I hope so. This has been a long ordeal and its extra hard to keep working when all I really want to do is nap. But napping does not pay the bills.



Sending love to all,

Tim
ps The photos are of photos that Nikki gave me over the weekend. I just love sharing photos of the little kidos.

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

Hi Tim, Sorry to read you have been under the weather. I hope you feel in tip-top shape very soon! Love the photos of the kids; they are gorgeous!

Deborah