Saturday, October 31, 2009

A great day of rest Timothy rules!

Dear Family and Friends,

What a day this has been. In sharp contrast with yesterday which is a day well forgotten today has been mellow, spiritual, restful and filled with beauty.

I woke at 7:30 and dressed and took the dogs with me to the beach. The morning light was splendid with pastels, gentle layers of fog, rolling breakers. It was a magic time.

When we returned Jason and Timothy had breakfast ready. Later we went to Timothy's sabbath school which was filled with children and guests. It was a very special time.

The worship hour celebrated the senior class and was a very interesting and worshipful service. Then it was a senior class and staff potluck. By then a nap was in order and I stretched out in the recliner I carry in the motorhome, the one Sharon slept many nights in Nan's room at the hospital. I took a long nap under the awning facing the ocean and watched the shimmering waves. Later as the afternoon cooled I heard stirring and Jason, Jo and Timothy were loading up for a trip to the beach. Timothy played in the sand and his little buddy joined him, they built sand castles and dug holes until the fog crept in. Then we headed up the hill to the house and to its warmth. Jo and Jason made dinner which was delicious. Jo had tried her hand at a vegan pumpkin pie and it was great, you really knew it had some good things in side.
Soon it was time for Timothy to head to bed. Does he like to go to bed, well actually NO. He enjoyed the routine of reading books, singing songs and then finally praying with his mommy and daddy. He went right to sleep and I never heard another word.
Jason and Jo attended a birthday party and I was able to help by staying with him while they socialized. I enjoyed a good movie about prisoners of war escaping through a tunnel they built. It was really worth watching and had lots of the big names of the era in it.
So this has been a tremendous day and it has calmed my spirts, did what nature does best, how can one observe the endless waves without finding hope, courage to face the future. Is life easy? No, is it fun, not often. Is it worth it? Not sure yet but I do intend to keep on trying. How is it with you? Are you finding meaning and joy in your life? Are you spending a great deal of time listening to those you love? Are you engaged in the process of family? I'm one who believes it is never to late to try again.

Sending love and good thoughts to all those who happen to read my musings. Even those in Hawaii!

love

tim

No comments: