Tuesday, February 5, 2008

2 months have passed

Dear Family and Friends,

Our dear Nan fell asleep in Jesus 2 months ago. I can hear her calling like it was yesterday, I can hear her saying, come sit with me, you look tired, I can see her on the phone with Dana or Sharon or Jan or Mary or Pam or Irene or Jason or Nikki or.............

Why she had to go I don't understand and we all miss her terribly. I've never known anyone like Nan in my whole life, someone so selfless, so courageous, so stubborn, so soft and lovely.

I think she would have been proud of my production today. On time to Manteca this morning after an early morning walk at 6:30 am with Ken, it was a beautiful morning, still, crisp, pale blue sky, blinking stars. Then back for a quick breakfast of shredded wheat and wheaties, orange juice and mandarin oranges. After Manteca a short drive up to Lodi for the second of the day. Older guy with a perfect older home, then a phone call asking if I could do a quick commercial inspection in Lodi, amazing since I was already in Lodi so I did that, had lunch of senior 2 egg omelet with spinach, then back home to work for an hour, then to Brentwood to see #3 for the day, a home that two years ago sold for over $600K is now in contract for $360K. Very nice place in good condition. Then to Oakley to shoot left over comps from yesterday, then back to Discovery Bay to vote no on all the stupid ballot propositions and yes to Romney, then home to make wheat spaghetti with whole tomatoes, cottage cheese and a huge salad with mushrooms.

I've just come back from the bank where I made deposits of todays checks, then to Nikki and Steves to drop things off and Nikki had found me some special peanut butter for diabetics and also some special little crackers for those times you need something.

My new blue tooth is working wonderfully. I fielded many many phone calls today, one from Dana which was really really sad. Jonathan had to have a surgery for a pendicitus (sp). His appendix had ruptured by the time they got him opened up. Dana had been up all night and was heading home for some rest. It sounded like he is going to come through fine but it also sounded like things were caught just in time. Jonathan needs our prayers this evening and for the next few days, surgery is serious business.

I am grateful for good weather today, it was so nice that I could measure and inspect in shirt sleeves, a real change from recent days.

So we move on having endured our loss for 2 months now. Nan was a great and wonderful part of all of our lives and living without her on a daily basis is just that living, nothing exciting, nothing wonderful, just existing for now and working every hour of every waking moment.



Thank you for your love which you express in so many different ways. Let me tell you, it is all good and it is all appreciated deeply by the family and by me.



love to all



tim

2 comments:

Wes said...

Tim I am so proud of you. You have mastered breakfast! Good Job! You may have left something out or I could have missed it but you didn't mention how long you put the wheaties in the microwave. You also gave little information about how you schredded the wheat either. Oh well we can wait for the rest of the story.

Please accept my apology Tim it seems that I might have missed your birthday. In fact it appears that I have missed quite a few. According to the blog you are eating off the senior menu now. Are you really 65 already?


Wes

ps I voted for McCain, Hardesty voted for Ron Paul. If we can find a Huckabee friend we will have a quadfecta!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

What ever happened to "Secret Ballot" ? You will have to guess Who & What I voted for. Let's just say I stayed with the Male Gender. and I do enjoy an occasional trip to visit the Indians.

What a beautiful day it was Yesterday. Good Chicken Lunch at the Center and a Good Movie Afterwards. "The Bucket List".

After the Movie Carrol wanted to stop at Walgreens for a "Minute" so knowing Her minutes at a Store I left Her there and walked the almost 2 miles Home and still beat Her by nearly 1/2 hour.

Today We are looking into changing Medical Insurance as You have an opportunity to do so on a "Must Take You" baisis when You turn 70. Our agent says that We can save nearly $700.00 per Year by making the move . We are going to check with Our Dr's and Clinics & Hospital first to make sure that there are no problems with either of them. Blue Cross has been so good and has paid 100's of thousands of $$'s over the last 4 Years so a change must be carefully looked over before We make a move.

Have a good safe day,

Bob & Carrol.