Monday, February 25, 2008

Back to work

Dear Friends and Family,
9:16, home at last after a good day. Weather was pleasant, homeowners were friendly, traffic was OK and safe. Ken and I walked at 6:30 this morning, just from taking a couple day break it felt like my lungs would burst at first just keeping up with speedy Ken and his wonder dog but it felt good to make the loop again. Then home to have breakfast with Jerry, oatmeal, wheat english muffins, skim milk, banana, now how bad can that be? Then I had to reluctantly see Jerry drive away as he had things to take care of back at his 5th wheel in Sacramento and I had a day of work to attend to. What a great experience to spend time with a brother who I have always admired. He is in pretty good shape for 71 and has lots of wisdom which he shares in such a nice way. We both spent hours napping in side by side recliners, watched a lot of wood burn, saw a couple silly movies, sort of attended church through the dish, had great meals, did projects, went shopping and caught up on so much. At one point I experienced a very special moment. Jerry was in the chair next to me and Sibyl called from Ohio, she is our sister who is younger than Jerry and older than me. I hope to fly out to Ohio sometime before summer and spend some time with her too.
Today I saw a neat little two story called a villa over in San Ramon, I forgot my map and the GPS took me right to the front door perfectly, amazing little device, not a toy anymore but a vital part of the team. Then I drove to Berkeley to take more interior photos. I really enjoy talking to that guy who is so friendly and a budding painter now. Then set the GPS for Palo Alto and it took me down a very steep hill to the freeway, down 880 to a bridge on 84, across and right to the house where I took more interior photos. Then I punched in home and I started back but I'd seen a Fuddrucker sign so diverted there for a garden burger and iced tea. Perfect, then home through traffic was really moved well. I've gone 260 miles and the tank is on half. Not bad and I'm eternally thankful for the little diesel bug with its 43 mpg. Helps a lot when fuel prices are so high. I'm paying $3.69 right now with a discount for Safeway customers.
Today some money slipped in, someone called and asked for an appraisal in Antioch and gave me a credit card number, money came in the mail and the client in San Ramon had a check ready, sure feels better to go to bed with some money coming in for a change. Thank you Lord!
Jean, the magic writer assistant sure came through, she had two reports ready for me and waiting in the computer this morning so after a few minutes with each to proof read and make my own adjustments they were on their way to lenders. What a blessing she is to the team. Loree and I talked a bit this morning using the instant messenger feature of our computers and plans to work on filing soon. Even when we are slow the files do stack up after awhile. She is a wiz at filing and can throw boxes around like they are tissue when I groan and creak moving them, oh to be that young again.
Several of you have reminded me that we need to keep billing our clients and we are about to send out statements again soon. That mailing usually generates income that we might not see otherwise.
I am so glad to pass along great news from Bob and Carrol. Her blood numbers are holding pretty well so she has managed to avoid chemo for another two months, that will make 15 months since she has had to have it. They are so happy and grateful. Also news from N. Carolina. Carol and Roger think they might live after all. They have been battling the flu big time with fevers and all but today Carol is better while Roger still fights a fever. They have a possible helper coming on Wednesday and they don't want to scare them off. Carol wrote tonight with some very interesting news. They have a guy renting a cabin from them who has a dog that is very precious to him. The dog has GIST and has had surgery to remove tumors. Now that is a new one.
Well its time to do a bit of work in prep for tomorrow which has me in Antioch and possibly in Hollister as well, that part is not confirmed yet.
My heart is really with Jason and Jo right now, Timothy is getting better but his baby sitter who cares for him every day has a daughter with a virus so he can't go there to stay, Today Jason cared for him at home and I wish I could drop everything and go care for him too. I'll have to see how the week progresses. Jason does not feel that well himself, sort of a tough time for them and I want to fix it for all of them, what pappa wouldn't want to.
So good night friend and family, good to hear from Nikki, Jason, Jo, Dana, Art, Jerry and Marilyn Titherington today, thank goodness for cell phones and blue tooth devices so we can do both safely, drive and talk.
love

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Thank You for Your kind reference about Carrol's Clinic Visit. We are indeed very thankful for the numbers that are maintaining at a level that keeps the Chemo away.

We are basking in beautiful Sunshine today and looking for several more days of the same. Hope this will hold for the duration of Our Trip (Thursday) to & return from Reno on Sunday.

Did You happen to see the "Price Is Right " on Friday evening. The Young Man at the end of the Show won both Showcases and $1,000,000.00 to boot , what a Prize! I think He won 3 Cars & a Boat of some kind plus He won His first game which netted Him $20,000.00 Cash too.

Maybe We will get lucky while at Reno and Hit a "Big" one too. Ha,Ha, Can't win big the way We play, 10 cents at a time. It is fun to watch the reels spin and hope for a big match once in a while. At least We will get the Taxes taken care of for another Year, Larry does such a good job on that for Us on that front.

We are shortly on Our way to the Senior Center for Lunch and then to Lodi Honda to pick up the Van from a service appointment. So glad for a Dependable & Friendly Dealer that takes very good care of Us & the Van.

Have a good week and stay safe on the roads.

Love You,
Bob & Carrol.