Friday, February 29, 2008

Keanna comes for a sleep over

Dear Family and Friends,
At this moment Keanna has woken up coughing and so I'm sitting on the end of her bed typing and she is struggling to go back to sleep again but keeps having these attacks. She is a very brave little girl and slept for about an hour before waking with the coughing. I'm at a loss as what to do. For me I'd take a slug of some very strong codine cough medicine I have but I'm sure not going to give that to her. She and Nikki arrived about 6 and Nikki was kind enough to make dinner which was great. Then we did puzzles for a bit. this girl is getting good at them. Then we read a book about butterflys and she went to sleep. I thought that was it for the night but now the coughing. I moved our air purifier into the room to see if that could help pull out some of the alergens floating around.
I enjoyed a few minutes of the christian satelite with beautiful music and pictures of nature, mostly yosemite at different seasons.
My day was full with travel, very nice people, interesting situations, phone calls and safety. In spite of ever changing traffic conditions God granted me yet another day of safe travel.
I started the day with my traditional walk, oatmeal with cinnamon which Jean said would help with the ups and downs of blood sugar and sure enough I did not have the rapid drop in blood sugar around noon today. I drove to Sherman Island to see a house that I inspected a week ago. Then it was rough but today it was beautiful, fresh carpet, paint, vinyl floors. What a difference a week can make when people work round the clock on something. Doug is such a great guy and really cares about making this house right for his lady. Then I drove to Martinez to see a property which has two houses on it. The owner has decided to join the two with a studio and breezeway arrangment creating a property with over 4,000 of living area. John Muir is buried a few hundred feet from his property is a little grove of trees. It is a very nice part of Martinez. Then I hit the road for Newark where a property needed a follow up inspection for repairs that have been made. Then to San Ramon to shoot a missing front photo of a property and finally the back roads beckoned as the best way to get home. I got here about 30 minutes before the kids arrived. While we were preparing dinner Jason called and we talked to Timothy who has started to crawl now and has his grammy Julie who arrived from overseas today. They are delighted to have her home again and she will enjoy baby Timothy. By the way the little guy slept through the night last night to the delight of Jason and Jo.
I'm glad its Friday night and I'm glad Keanna is here. I just wish I knew what to do about the coughing so Keanna could get to sleep. I'd rather be coughing than to have her so miserable. She is such a delight.
Well I'm going to try to find her puffer to see if that will help a bit.
Tomorrow we get to see a ultrasound of the new baby in 3D. That should be very very fun. We are leaving about 9:30 in the morning and making a morning of it in Modesto.
Thanks for your support, prayers and good wishes this week. Yes I still need your prayers for income, another dry day at the post box but tonight its Sabbath and I have 6 other days to worry about money.
Sending my love to you,

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Sabbath!

Oh Tim, that coughing Keanna is experiencing sounds like this horrible flu that is so bad this year. It's not fun! We coughed so hard our ribs and diaphragms hurt. Roger had a bad night of coughing last night again. Poor Keanna! Now don't you get it! It seems to be very contagious.

Have a good time seeing the newest little Mustard today. I hope Keanna feels ok to enjoy the trip. You may be baby sitting today and not going to Modesto.

Love ~ Carol