Saturday, February 16, 2008

At MBA

Good evening,
I am sitting in the motorhome which is adjacent to Jason and Jo's home here on the campus. This morning started early with a walk, the drive the motorhome to pick up Keanna. She got a kick out of sitting in her travel seat up high in the air above all other cars. Sabbath School was a good program and then we met Nikki for lunch. When I got back into the motorhome after lunch I was shocked to discover the right mirror was falling off the side of the coach. As I looked into it I found rusted lag bolts and no wood left to grab any threads. I was parked in front of the Home Depot so I decided to try a quick fix. I measured the total length a bolt would need to be to reach through the wall and bought such a bolt, a washer and a nut. That one bolt helped pull the mirror back into place again and got me here but I noticed when I arrived that the bolt is beginning to pull itself right through the wall of the motorhome so I need a large but thin steel plate which would allow for the installation of 4 new bolts. At least I have a project to tackle tomorrow. fun fun.
I had a nice drive down this afternoon with no traffic to speak of and sunshine to enjoy. The dogs are really having fun for the trip and love to take walks here at Jason and Jo's place. Timothy is still battling his cold with congestion plus now he is cutting teeth. So he sleeps for a bit and then falls asleep again. I ran to town this evening after Jo and Nikki talked and decided Orajel for babies was the right medicine. I hope it helps Timothy have a decent night. Jason made some yummy food this evening and it was fun to just sit around and be with Timothy, Jason, Clayton and Jo.
So this evening I am here at MBA ready to take a nice long walk in the morning with the doggies and do some odd jobs around the place. Plus I need to get this mirror secured to the coach again with some good bolts and epoxy to keep water from getting in again.
Tomorrow I am going to go to Art's birthday party. Art and Connie live about 1/2 an hour away from here and it will be fun to see them and their friends who will drop by to celebrate this important day for him. No one could ask for a more dedicated and caring friend, Art is special.
Well its time to sleep, what a nice Sabbath. Time spent with the whole family. As Steve Ahn always said, thats good stuff. It is.

love to all,

Tim

No comments: