Sunday, February 17, 2008

A babe in arms

Dear Faithful Friends and Family,
I am writing this evening from Jason and Jo's easy chair, a chair Nan loved to take advantage of over the years, a chair she purchased from CostCo in Texas Jason remind me today. This is my second day here with family and this afternoon I am baby sitting little Timothy. It is more challenging since he is fighting teething right now and has a bad cold as well. But he is a gem. Clayton is also here and is very good with him. He's been down for about an hour now but for several hours it did not want to sleep, he wanted to be held and then play so thats what we did. It is an enchanting time to be this close to perfection, purity as designed by our Creator. He smiles, he watches, he grabs, he wiggles, he jumps up and down, he plays with his little toys, manages his binki, passifier by himself. Watching him close fills my heart with great peace and joy, he is a very good reason to live healthy, to stay young, to live for the future.
Earlier in the afternoon Jason was kind enough to allow me the use of his car and I drove over to see Art and Connie celebrate his 60th. They had food everwhere, A BBQ going under Ron's direction, lots of family and friends, a beautiful warm, no hot backyard. I could only stay for a limited time but it was enough to let him know my esteem and I wanted to see him now before he got any older and while he could still see me and hear my words!!
As I turned to drive back to MBA the weather was chilling as the fog moved in covering the whole area with a cool evening.
I am very thankful for this opportunity to be with family, to spend special time with Timothy and to become better known by this little trooper. He is really special and having just spent exciting time with Keanna as we drove the motorhome to church and she got sit in her car seat way up high, to hear her excitement and have her play hide and seek after we arrived, well I just value this experience with the grandchildren, they fill a special place in the heart and Sylvia your day is coming and you will love it and Jason says until that day arrives you are very welcome to visit MBA and play with this little guy too. Sounds like a great idea.
Glen and Joyce, long time friends are in San Diego this week experiencing the first joy of their new little granddaughter. As can be expected they are thrilled with the prospects that Kim and hubby are moving west to San Diego, a lot closer than Scottsdale and the weather a lot more pleasant too. Kim is a radiologist and can set up shop most anywhere to read CT's Xrays, MRIs etc thanks to the internet and todays communications.
Tomorrow I will unplug and start the trip back home. On the way I'll shoot some new comparables in Fremont making this trip a bit more like business.
I still feel pretty rough and am experiencing a lot of sneezing and runny nose, Kleenex boxes are everywhere at the moment. I found oats for oatmeal in the motorhome this morning so made a bowl. Only after I finished cooking them in the microwave did I notice that unlike the oats at home these are 1 minute and I had just cooked them three. So they were very soft to the taste but still good. I had whole wheat english muffins with peanut butter of course and a mocha. Downright tasty as I watched motocross from Houston. Dana had called yesterday to say Jonathan was back in the hospital with infection and was doing better on a cocktail of antibiotics and would be out this coming week. Yesterday she had taken her little grandsons to the the motocross to see the bikes go fast so I watched with interest. What a sport, amazing how high they jump. It was more interesting than face the nation by far.
My prayers for you are that you will have a loving week, a companionship week, a touching week and that at the weeks end your life will be more meaningful and special that at its beginning. We get handed a lot of stuff to deal with and what we do with what we are handed determines not only our happiness and peace of mind but touches others who depend on us.
I would ask that you remember Jonathan in your prayers, also a little boy we heard about today that is just 11 and has a newly found tumor in a very critical place in his body, God knows who and where he is but he sure needs healing. On a minor note i would appreciate your prayers that I will be able to make sense how of no income and high expenses. Some of the last medical bills are coming in and they are in the thousands.
I send my love to each of you, may you be blessed according to the riches found in Jesus alone.

love

tim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're back! Yes, we had a wonderful relaxing vacation with beautiful weather and calm seas. We needed it soooo much. Now I'm trying to get caught up with you as well as all the details that need attention during our absence.

One of our guests died while we were away. Drs. found a large mass in his liver just hours before his passing. We all thought he was not well, but he wouldn't talk about it and always said he was "fine". He was only 54 and he went very suddenly. He was experiencing excruciating pain in his abdomen and called his brother to take him to the hospital at 3:00 a.m. He was gone by 10:30 a.m. We never know. Today the family is here trying to deal with his things. It is really sad.

Tim, I think I may have missed something... What were the results of all your tests? Are you ok? It sounds like you have been busy and do have lots of work. For those medical bills ~ if you appeal the charges they will sometimes reduce or delete the charges. It's worth talking to them anyway. Even if you pay only $5 a month they will work with you when they see you are trying.

Better get back to work!'

Love ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Tim,

Thanks for stopping by yesterday for Art's birthday, I would have liked for you to stay a little longer as after everyone ate we had a 'session' of everyone speaking on how Art has touched their lives. Art was very moved by all this and it was something that he didn't expect. I know you would have loved it and perhaps even learned a little more about Art. The people that were here all are very close to Art in different ways - as one of the neighbors said, I would have never thought how Art has touched these people's lives.

I hope you are feeling better.

---Connie

Wes said...

Thank you Tim. I do so enjoy the blog and participating in the process of healing for Nan and recovery for her family. It is a journey that is well worth taking and you have been gracious and allowed us to come with you. Along the way we have become more loving and caring. We have learned about you and about ourselves. We have grown in wisdom and knowledge. These new understandings allow us to better live our lives and we have you to thank for it.

Thank you Tim,

Wes