Friday, February 15, 2008

Finally its Friday night

Hello to all,
Thanks to Wes and Bob for writing and for the others who tried but could not make their messages stay on the blog. Thanks for trying. Love to hear from you and yes Wes I finally bought groceries, it was about time although I have not even opened the freezer since the ladies left to go back to Texas in December so there are probably lots of goodies in there so survival is not in doubt, just taste.
I walked this morning in spite of feeling pretty rough. I was neither healed at the end of the walk or any worst so it was a good thing to do. Ken called and we are going at 7 in the morning. Then to pick up Keanna for Sabbath School, then she goes with her mother and I head to Jason and Jo's for a couple days of R&R. I really sleep well in the motorhome and I need to do some catching up on rest.
I finally completed the really hard appraisal I was working on where the house was 7,800 sf and will be set on 10 acres. I finally emailed it out this morning. Then headed up to Fair Oaks, a burb of Sacramento and Carmichael. Little old house with mature trees and a huge lot, house needs lots of love and care. Shot comps and then needed something to help with blood sugar so ask the GPS to locate a Taco Bell. It did and it was right on my way home on Sunrise. Then to Livermore to take photos of million dollar homes, then back to office to insert photos and resend the appraisal, then rest for a minute, then prepare a deposit. I picked up the motorhome from storage and parked in the Safeway parking lot, between the bank and store, now I enjoy doing some walking, did my shopping, exhausted my list plus lots of other goodies too, actually nothing with sugar or carbs, I bought all good stuff and I'm learning about whole wheat. Then home to make pancakes and scrambled eggs, this time with rice milk. Now I'm here at the computer blogging and making final prep so everything is already in the motorhome so I can be on time to get Keanna in the morning.
This has been a tough week in some ways, I've had many times of feeling loss, the finality keeps hitting me between the eyes, her pretty things may be here but she is gone, way before her time but she is gone. Work has been very challenging, I'm having to relearn how to write appraisals, every lender wants them worded differently and insists their way is right. Lenders are so frightened that the loans they make won't get repaid. I've seen them be careful like this before and its the way they should always be but in time they will get lax again. I'm thankful for this profession but it sure is changing. We are ahead in orders compared to last year so far, about 15 more than we had on this date last year, that is encouraging but the amount owed by lenders in huge and they tend to be very slow to pay for the work done. I just keep asking our Lord to help find the money I need to make house payments.

I've gone through a box of kleenex today with a runny noise, feel my head is stuffed up and I'm sure I've had a fever but if you don't take it then it does not count. I want to thank each of you for your friendship, your prayers of encouragement, for some of you the financial help you give which I don't know quite what to think, it was for Nan's recovery and we have lost Nan. Yet even today I transferred some funds from the recovery fund to the private account for fuel, groceries etc. So thank you for all the help you have given to our family.

So I send my love to each of you, what a difference you make in my life and in the lives of the rest of the family. We are very blessed to have such fine friends and family.

love

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim, I will try the blog again. Mike is here for a while doing some work then back to home. Den and Lyn are in Cabo for another week. Marilyn came over for lunch today. I made a CHIP lunch and we all enjoyed it...even Ger. I have to re-organize my kitchen if I keep cooking as I have to keep walking around the island and I get tired...the salt is in the pantry, oh, my cookbook is on the other side of the island, oh, oh, now my mixing bowl is on the oposite side and around and around I go!! Hope you have a great visit at MBA. I've been batteling the bug but thw worse part is the cough so today I did not go to church for fear I'd get a coughing spell. Keep walking, it's good for you!! The walker keeps me safe doing my 40 minutes almost every day. Thank you again for bringing it up to me. Keep well. Love, Barbie