Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Great Family Day

Dear Ones,
This evening has been an after glow for the wonderful time with Steve, Nikki and Keanna. As you know Keanna had a sleep over last night. She woke about 7 this morning, called for me and was ready to attack the day. We made breakfast early and she ate very well, then we put the puzzle together again. Then I showered, she dressed and we went to the park briefly but it was very cold and damp. We drove over to the kids house and then loaded up in Nikki's Pilot. She drove us to San Jose to a special Disney Program which was live on stage. It was aimed at kids Keanna's age and was very nice with a theme of finding music. Then we drove to the The Old Spaghetti Factory for lunch and were pleased to find only a 10 minute wait. The meal was excellent, service was slow, then we drove back home. We had a wonderful time discussing the state of the world as we each saw it and a bit about the near future as well. It was a precious time for me, to get to catch up with these special people who I rarely really get to spend time with, busy schedules and all. Keanna was a perfect guest this weekend. She cares for herself, picks up toys after playing, sits quietly when she is read to, eats and enjoys her food and is great for the puppies who think they are in heaven having someone more their size around. It is a huge boost to ones self image to be included in these younger lives.

Jason and Jo are in Vegas at a youth convention of some kind and Jason is representing MBA with a table and packets about the school. He had a nice evening planned with dinner and a very fun live show this evening, Mama Mia. Nan and I saw it several years ago and enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed seeing plays in the East End of London, ones like Miss Siagon and Lost in Yonkers. So I hope they enjoyed their evening.

Our weather has been reduced to nasty + this evening. Wind, rain and cold weather. When I got home I discovered the furnace had failed. It has worked on and off this evening but is still not really what I would call reliable. I'll have to let Rob know what is happening with it. Irene is lobbying for a new furnace and after 18 years on this one she is probably right.

Tomorrow morning, Sunday, I have a rush appraisal to do. The company is paying me a huge rush fee if I will provide an answer on value by Monday. So yes I will be glad to see it tomorrow in spite of the weather.

This evening as I snacked I watched a program on UFOs on the History Channel. Very interesting stories about sightings and physical evidence over the years and of course Roswell New Mexico where supposedly the government is keeping evidence hidden away. Who knows anymore what truth is about such things. Who can you really trust.

At lunch today we were talking about Mom and her sterling reputation, we agreed that a very nice thing about living with her was that you always knew where you stood, she was not coy, she did not play games of any kind, she was just straight forward and honest. In this world of confusion and games living with her was always a pleasure because the games stopped at the door, none were played around her. If she liked you, believed in you, trusted you then you were in her graces and she would do anything for you. How refreshing and how rare. I know some of you feel that way about your spouses and I hope you let them know what a pleasure it is to live with "real" people. Let them know today how you feel and how lucky you feel to have them care for you. Never put off expressing your thoughts for a "better" day or for a "better" time. Today is good!

That goes for letting your kids know too how you feel about them. I keep coming across families that are so proud of their kids, I think that is great, kids don't have to be always winning or the most brilliant but if they are hard working, honest and caring in their relationship they are real winners, let them know. If you would spend hard earned money to bail them out of trouble, what not spend that same money and energy enhancing their positive lives.

I want to thank Karen once again for putting the beautiful book together with photos of Nan's life. It is an amazing book and she said over 70 hits have been made as people looked into the web site about the book. It is really worth the cost as it lays out the pages of a beautiful life. I wonder if Mema has gotten to see one yet, just thought of that. That is Nan's mom and I'll bet she would enjoy seeing the book. Yes I know I need to get the DVD's of the services shipped out, needs to get on my list of must do events.

So I send my love tonight, live has sparkled this weekend because of very special family members!

love

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

What a beautiful end to a very good week! Yes, there is life after Nan. It isn't all it could be with her, but life can still be good. AND to be able to get that rush appraisal order and get it out.... I hope it is a quick pay also. God has blessed you with work and the payments are even starting to come in. You have kids you can be proud of and you are spending more time with them getting to know them better. Yes, life can still be good.

I think we have had a new revelation as to why we have no help yet... We weren't sure what we needed or wanted. Now we think we need someone more capable to take over more responsibility. We need more than someone to do housekeeping and answer the phone. We haven't found that person as yet. Last week, as Roger put it, I "hit the wall". I just can't do this work anymore. In most jobs when you get to that point you just quit. Well ~ we can't. So, what do you do about it? You get someone else to do the work.

Do have another great week! Even sloshing around in the rain can be a beautiful day. Take care and don't forget to walk!

Love ~ Carol