Monday, February 4, 2008

Going to work again...

Dear Friends and Family,
After months of watching the fax machine, hoping against hope that an order would come through, well things are picking up again. It is hard to explain how low the sale prices are for the purchase orders coming through. In many cases the selling price for these bank owned properties is about 1/2 what they were worth 2 years ago. If one had a large amount of money right now to purchase properties and then wait it out for the next couple years there would probably be quite an increase. The lower interest rates are having an effect already, more people are beginning to qualify for loans that could not just a month or two ago but in that time the value of their homes has dropped as well.
I am the proud new owner of a new bluetooth earpiece and this one works perfectly, well that is until the wind blows. Both Art and Nikki confirmed this morning while I was walking the lake that when the wind blows forget trying to talk. Les Dunston suggested this type of bluetooth and his advice was sound. This one does not break contact, is clear and makes it very obvious when a call is coming in, like ear splitting. I've had lots of work calls today, some of which resulted in orders being emailed or faxed in this evening. It feels very good to have work again and to be back in business.
This evening I ask that you ask for God's guidance for Roger and Carol who are seeking some help for their Lakemont Cottage business. They have worked hard and long for years and have created a beautiful operation which people enjoy coming back to year after year. They are nearing that point in their lives where they would like to scale back a bit on their hours and responsibilities but when it is a small family owned business that can be very difficult. Please ask God to guide them as they move forward in getting some much needed help.
I still need your prayers too, I like to eat too much and while I am walking faithfully each morning I need to make more changes that I am finding very difficult to do. Habits die hard and new ones take awhile to form. Due to scheduling Ken and I are walking at 6:30 in the morning so I'm heading to bed soon.
So good night my friends..

love

tim

2 comments:

Wes said...

Tim of course Art could prove that your blue tooth will not work in the wind. I have been around Art and it always seemed windy when he was there and I couldn't hear anything else during that time either.

Your walking is still killing me. please slow down so I can catch up. By the way can people tell if you have your blue tooth ear piece in your ear during your morning walks. I just wondered if your whole ear turned blue during that time or not.

Wes

Anonymous said...

And a very good morning to you!

If you were in my time zone you would be off and walking already. Such dedication! When it warms up just a tad maybe I'll try it too.

Thank you for your prayers for us on finding reliable help. I know there is a capable couple out there somewhere.

Yes, the housing market is very strange. You are so fortunate to have good work right now! The bottom has dropped out and yet if you can't sell the home you are in you can't afford to buy at any price. We still have the house in SC that hasn't sold. Our realtor has not worked for us either. The listing expires the end of this month and we are not renewing it. A 3 year old 1900 sq. ft. house in a nice neighborhood, new flooring, light fixtures and window treatments and there has been almost no interest in it at $139,000. (Down from $149,000) There were several foreclosures in that neighborhood and it seems to be hurting us.

Keep up your good work, Tim! Don't get discouraged on that walking if your weight loss slows down! There are plateaus, ups and downs. Just keep on keepin' on. Stay off the scales except once a week. The weight loss is only one benefit from walking ~ heart, lungs, muscles, joints..... My friend's oncologist told her the best thing we can do to resist cancer is walk!

We love you ~ Carol