Thursday, February 21, 2008

Watching for the ambushes...

Dear Family and Friends,
I am just back from the grief recovery group which is held in Byron at the Methodist Church. Tonight there must have been 10 or more people in attendance and everyone had a very moving story to share. I came away refreshed and reminded that there are many different stories of loss and of courage and of love. While nothing profound was done or said yet it was a very positive experience for me. One thought that was shared by someone who lost his wife nearly a year ago is that his daily routines get ambushed by sudden hits of hurting and loss and I could certainly identify with his comments. I've felt such an ambush several times this week and they come out of nowhere and are so intense that they are surprising even shocking to experience. Later you wonder, what triggered that? And there does not appear to be answers.
I've worked hard today attempting to deal with some of the bigger issues, conditions that had come in. I've had some success and to celebrate at lunch time I went to the frig, took out the leftovers of Thai food, heated them in the microwave and enjoy yet another meal based on last nights good meal. Of course I had my trusty Oakmeal from breakfast along with vege sausages and a banana. What a feast good food is yet I still struggle with what to make for dinners each evening, its not as easy for me as breakfasts which seem pretty routine by now.
This afternoon I got great news, my brother Jerry is coming to spend the weekend. He will arrive about noon tomorrow, go with me on some appraisals, then we will find something to eat somewhere, perhaps with Nikki, Steve and Keanna if they are free. We might be able to attend Tracy Church as Keanna has other plans for the morning. We will get to talk, snooze, catch up on family memories and just enjoy the experience. It will be so nice to have someone in the house.
Have I mentioned that my friend Art turned 60 on Sunday. Connie opened their home for a party and the people came. It was a wonderful event with a nice time for sharing in the afternoon. Reports are that it was a very moving time for all. I'll have to be more careful now in dealing with Art as he is older and may begin to suffer hearing loss, to walk slower, to need more rest etc. Today he did a nice thing, went and helped his Aunt who just lost her husband to prepare her taxes. That is vintage Art, he just loves to help people, what a good friend God has blessed me and many others with, a true friend.
Well once again my best intentions to be in bed by 10 have failed. Well at least by 11 tonight. I heard from Marilyn Titherington today and she is planning on returning in July. That will be great to have her smiling, helpful personality around to pick on. She is the worlds best sorter and I'm developing stacks of papers for her enjoyment. Dana signed Jonathan out of the hospital today after being told all day yesterday he could go home and then it did not happen, well today she made it happen. He is feeling much better now and is very tired of being in the hospital so at 10 this morning she was on her way home through driving rain. He was very glad to escape.
It seems like Sharon must be in her new home by now but I missed her tonight when I tried to call. She goes to bed early as she is often at work by 5 am Texas time. I often forget that when I try to call. Nan used to look at me and say, you can't call now, you'll wake her. Well now its up to me and yes sometimes I mess up and wake her.
So how is everyone doing with the rain and more winter? Are you as ready to have spring as I am. I know Loree, my assistant, is ready as she loves the sunshine and she is one of those people who walk outside and come back in tanned and fit for summer, not fair really.
Tomorrow is Friday which leads to the weekend and I am so ready. Now if money would just arrive in the mail so I could pay some bills that are behind, well that would be great. AT least one of the appointments tomorrow is COD so I will not come home totally empty handed at days end.
Thank you for listening,

love

tim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning from NC!

It's raining here today also, but we are grateful for the moisture. The lakes are starting to come up again which is a blessing. We didn't get our rainfall this winter that we needed. I guess you got it all?

Yes, Tim, you will experience those sudden ambushes for quite awhile yet ~ perhaps years. Some of the strangest things will trigger it. Just know this is normal.

We have another prospect for help coming for an interview next Wednesday. This one seems to be the most promising yet. In fact, it is such a perfect match for what we need it's almost scary. Now if they like us....

We have been battling the flu this week. I have been sicker than I have been in years ~ fever of 101, cough, headache, drippy nose. Not fun! I have been so sick that I didn't feel like getting dressed, answering the phone or even sitting up. I did manage to share it with Roger. Not nice of me. I tried to be careful, but sometimes it's just a matter of breathing.

How nice to be able to spend time with your brother this week end. Enjoy your time together. The older we get the more important family and friends become in our lives. Cherish those moments together.

Love ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

I, like Carrol have brrn sick,coughing etc. Dr says "Sinusities" sp. Whaterver it is I've been miserable for the last 4 days. Feeling better this morning ,I guess the High $$ Pills and Cough Syrup are begening to work. Sure hope Carrol does not get this stuff. She has Her Clinic Day Monday.

Looks like We are in for a wet weekend,(Big Time).

We are planning Our Annual "Tax" trip to Reno ( Our Long time Family Accountant & Friend Larry Anderson lives there),leaving Noon Thursday and coming back Probably Sunday/Monday depending mostly on the weather. I refuse to deal with Chains so when there is that prospect I stay Home.

Have a good Day and We will pray for Good Mail Box Items.

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.

Wes said...

Please let me tell you what to do. It is after all my favorite thing! Let's call it the help your friend and enjoy yourself at the same time dinner menu.

First you make sure there are a supply of soups and a variety of crackers. A bowl, soup spoon, oven mitt and a can opener are all the equipment you will need. Now just wait for dinner time. Ding!

Follow the direction for a dinner meal that will rival any success that you have had with breakfast.

Turn on the hot water in the sink.

Select a can of soup and place it under the hot water for 2 minutes.

Turn off the water and pick up the can with the oven mitt and open the can.

Pour the soup in the bowl. Open the crackers and eat your dinner.

MMMMMM MMMMMM good.

Throw the can in the garbage. Rinse the bowl and the spoon and put them in position for tomorrow.

This is my famous no brainer 5 minute meal. Enjoy!

No need to thank me. I was my pleasure.

Wes