Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lost phone yikes

Dear Family and Friends,
This has been an interesting day which got more interesting this evening when I walked out of Red Robin, a burger bar where I like the Gardenburger, and left my cell on the table. In a few minutes I went back in to pick it up but the table was already bussed and the phone was gone. Of course the lady who cleared the table knew nothing about a phone, she looked so guilty, but who knows really. I walked around the entire place with my bluetooth turned on hoping it would beep indicating it had reconnected with the phone but of course that didn't happen either. I'm to call them in the morning but I hold no hope of finding it. Yes I do have insurance but that will not put all the dozens of phone numbers back in that I have collected of family and business contacts. Oh well it happened. Why was I there eating? I was there to pick up the atm card I had left there the last time I ate there about a week ago and sure enough the card was there and I have it back in my wallet.
Ken and I walked this morning and enjoyed a trip in cool air, beautiful skys and no rain. Then back to shower, make breakfast, settle in for drudge work in the office all day. One high point came when Loree dropped by for a bit to pick up files and other items. She hopes to be able to work more at the office to get caught up with filing etc. I like having her here, she is very good with the clients and always leaves a clean desk and is a big help.
This is a pretty challenging time right now in my business as lenders are really terrified that they might make a bad loan so they really rip up the appraisals we produce. Just makes it even harder to keep up doing new stuff when so much old stuff comes back to fix or explain. Yes I'm very grateful for work and I could always use more hours to get it done.
I reached Dana this evening and Jonathan continues to be in the hospital due to complications of a rupturing appendix. He is recovering but may have to stay there for several more days. Ron was staying with him tonight, Dana has returned to work but goes when she can to help out. His bowels need to unlock and start working again and until they do he gets no food and will stay at the hospital.
So first thing in the morning will be to talk to the cell phone company to see if they can forward all calls made to 925 998 9855 which is my cell to Nan's cell phone which happens to still be working and is 925 354-7677. I wonder how well my brain is working these days. I keep forgetting things, making mistakes and it is very frustrating.
Yet there are many things to be thankful for, you are one of them.
So good night my friends and family,

love

tim

3 comments:

Wes said...

HAVE I GOT NEWS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the senior citizen plan. You can use it because you have been eating from the senior citizen menu! Grandpa! We can produce the reicepts to prove it. ( even if can't ) Any way the plan is to never put anything down. That's right, have a place for everything you carry around with you and never put them down just put them where you always carry them, except at home and then only in one designated place.

I hope this works because the next step is to have one of those automatic reel up things attached to all your items. When you let go they automaticly reel in. It is a real and permanent fix. In the mean time don't worry about losing your mind. If that was really happening you wouldn't know it.

Just adjust and develop new stategies for new situations and keep moving forward.

Wes

ps your shoe is in my car

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!

So sorry about your phone! Roger lost his with all his phone numbers awhile back.... Not easy to get them all back. The numbers in his phone are not the same as mine, so my "phone book" isn't the total answer either.

I'm busily trying to get this place in order before we sail away on Sunday! Oh how we need this vacation!!! Now to get myself organized today and accomplish all that needs to be done. Wouldn't you know? Reservations have picked up the last couple of days ~ just in time for us to be away. I rented one for a year. We are getting more long term renters and more week end and weekly rentals - not so many people coming to spend the summer like we used to have. So, things are changing. Now to get some help.......

You are grateful for the sunshine and we are grateful for the rain we have had the last couple of days. The drought is not "over" but we're making headway. The lakes are coming up, but still have about 4 feet to go.

Have a good, productive, healthy day!

Love ~ Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Last Summer I went through the Lost Cell Phone Deal too, Verizon had a new one in My hands in 48 hours and were able to retreve all of the info that I had in the lost one and put it in the new one, I do not know how but it worked and the new one has been doing fine. Total cost to Me was $25.00, thanks to the insurance. My old phone was recovered by the local PD about a month later so I was able to donate it back to Verizon for a $100.00 tax deduction. They have a Donation Box in most of their Stores.

Good Lunch coming up today at the /Center and the Movie of the Day is "Hair Spray" supposed to be a good laugh. It's a look back at the 50's/60's.

Have a Safe Warm Day,

Love You,

Bob & Carrol.