Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A day with challenges

Dear Family and Friends,
I'm really glad this day is drawing to a close. It started fine with getting the girls to to school and sitter, then back to work in the office. Several reports came together and were emailed to their lenders but there was also some pretty negative events. Jean had warned me on a purchase appraisal here in the new end of Discovery Bay, warned me that the sketch was coming up very short of the living area reported in the public record for the home. So for warned I set out to tweak the cad rendering of the sketch. Nothing seemed to be wrong with the dimensions so finally in desperation I drove back to the house and measured it again. This time I poured over the sketch and the dimensions but nothing changed. The measurements I had found the first time were basically correct. The implications are huge. Over the past years buyers have sued sellers over even 50 sf difference and I have measured the house to be nearly 400 sf smaller than that reported in public record. So I have informed the lender who in this case is my client and she will in turn inform the buyer who may or may not be upset to learn she is buying a house about 400 sf smaller than what she thought. That was just one of many challenges the day brought and I'm not sad to be saying good bye to this day.

This evening brought a ray of sunlight, Nikki called and suggested we have some dinner. The idea sounded good and I needed to take two more photos of a house in Antioch anyway so we had a burrito with whole beans and wonderful rice and then they headed home and I drove on to Antioch. The sun sets earlier these days but I believe the photos will turn out well. While I was there I went on to CostCo for mocha, a couple books to listen to when I drive, bananas and yogurt berry sundae. Yum. That's about as close as I get to drowning my sorrows.

Now I'm back and I discovered Ken cannot walk in the morning, early morning meeting so I'll walk on my own. Keeping positive is easier some days than others. For lunch I made a griller and needing a drink I grabbed a Mountain Dew. I've never had one before and I don't plan to have another. Things seemed to go downhill after that drink, am I crazy? probably.

Jean has been a real help to me with the writing process of appraisals. There are some I have to write myself for different reasons but often times Jean can take the data contained in the file along with my inspection notes and render a pretty good appraisal. She loves to do research and does a great job of writing. Unfortunately Jean is being called away on a mission trip, yea that right a mission trip, her mission is to totally relax and enjoy Hawaii for a week, next week. My heart just bleeds for her to have to put up with warm breezes, warm ocean water, white sand beaches and all those huge tropical flowers, poor dear!

Well enough, time to hit the hay, strap on the mask and just fall into deep slumber. I can't wait!

Good night my friends and family,

love to all,

Tim

No comments: