Saturday, September 27, 2008

They don't give groceries away.

Dear Family and Friends,
Well I'm just back from my neighborhood Safeway and I think I've been robbed! The one real positive benefit is that since I spent over $50 I get the .10 off at the gas pump on each precious gallon of fuel. Wow, I feel so much better now.
When I woke at 7 this morning the house was silent so I showered and then came down. Keanna was quietly playing in the family room having given me the courtesy of letting me sleep in. She suggested waffles so we made some, they turned out pretty well in spite of the missing egg from the batter. Remember no grocery shopping lately so supplies are used up. We got ready and drove the 24 miles to Sabbath School at the Tracy SDA church. Keanna was really on her best behavior and helped the other children participate. Kim did a great job as usual and I think every one enjoyed the experience. Then Keanna suggested she would like to play a bit at Burger King. They have an indoor play area with slides, tubes and in general a safe place to play. When considering how quickly these young years pass and a simple stop to play will be long forgotten I think this is worthwhile. She played for about 30 minutes and then we drove home and she returned to the loving care of her parents. I rested a bit, well more than a bit and this evening did my shopping thing along with making a larger deposit than usual at the bank. Good thing since by Tuesday I need to make the house payment. I think it will happen and I'm very thankful for lots of work in September. In a larger context I am delighted to see so many young families be able to purchase a home, many for the first time. I'm now seeing several home purchases a week and almost all are using a form of FHA financing. Since both Steve and I are FHA approved we are positioned well to be able to be of service to our clients and new clients as well. While all this dire hue and cry comes from Washington I see no evidence of disaster on the local level. It is true that lenders are being much more careful in how they lend and they are actually checking the backgrounds of people to see if they can qualify for the loans they are about to get, something that should have been happening over the past years. The majority of the mess in the industry comes from the fact that lenders were being forced to make loans to people who could not qualify and should not have been given loans at all. Had buyers been forced to even put 10% down when seeking a loan over the past 5 years the industry would not be in this mess. Congress decided that just about everyone should have a home and forced lenders to lower their standards and requirements to a laughable level. No proof of income, no proof of ability to pay payments, just show up and sign for the loan. And now this horrible experiment in social engineering is playing out and the wrong people are being bashed. To think that the same people who kept badgering Freddie and Fannie to loan to weaker and weaker clients are now writing the bailout is terribly wrong. They should be in jail but washington is corrupt and is only getting worse. We are in for some very scary times ahead I fear, however I don't fear too much. God is never surprised by what is happening here on earth, He never sleeps and for the most part He does no interfere or force His will. Whatever the future it is in His capable hands and eternity is safe and does not need a bail out from any human being, thank goodness.
It is a very refreshing time to care for Keanna. She has entered the letters and spelling, reading world, a very exciting time. She spells out letters constantly and then wants to know what they say, I find it pretty amazing and exciting. I can remember when both Nikki and Jason did the same thing, can you remember when your child started to read, to take these huge steps, pretty exciting stuff, of course it can drive a parent crazy, the constant questions. There are days when you sort of wish your child was just dull and quiet, then you could get work done but then you come to your senses and realize that dull would not be exciting or challenging.
Tomorrow I'm taking Keanna to Lodi Academy where we are meeting Pam and attending some event where animals, booths and lots of fun takes place. Shawn's kids are involved and we are supporting their endeavours. In addition to taking in this fun event I absolutely must general several reports tomorrow. Some were promised last week and have to be done tomorrow by the time I head to bed. Its time to settle down and generate some fine reports!

Tonight I'm sending out my little darts of love, encouraging you to make special efforts to let those who love you know you love them back. You've got to do this, I can't let Nan know anymore, she is resting now, so for our sake make the special effort, go to breakfast or trim the roses or do something to help off the honey do list. You have the chance to express love, do it now.

love

tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tim,

So good to read that You and the littleone are finding time to enjoy together. You are so right saying that these times will soon be gone, They Grow Up & Away so very fast.

Carrol's Sister left for Her Home in Chico early this AM and again the House is Quiet. I am doing the Laundry load from the Guest Room and Bath so they will be ready for My Sister on the 14th of October.

Maybe while You are with Pam Today You could bring My Ramps Back to the Storage Shed. Just give Me a call and I can meet You there. No Rush !

I will be busy with the NASCAR RACE this afternoon but can take a break any time that is good for You.

Tomorrow I'll let Carrol sleep in while I & a Friend from the Senior Center go up to Jackson for a few hours. We have a $50.00 Gas Perk to use up by the end of the month and Monday they are giving Triple Points for all Dollars Played on the Slots with Your Game Card and that translates to Cash Play any time You choose to use it. Also can be Used anaywhere in the Food Court too.

Have A Good Day,

Talk to You Later.

Bob & Carrol.


it