Monday, September 22, 2008

Jason turns 31





Dear Family and Friends,

I've just returned from a happy evening celebrating Jason's 31st birthday. Timothy was enjoying his new freedom as a walking dude now. On the last part of the trip to Jason and Jo'
s house the traffic slowed and then stopped. I was on Highway 1 and learned that a semi had burned, finally I moved forward enough to see the wreckage, hasmat teams were all over removing the mess from the northbound side but the looki lus on my side were holding up traffic. What a mess. So I came home the way Nan and I discovered, Highway 129 across to 101 and then home that way. I was beginning to get tired. As I drove home the car began to fail and I limped home. I believe something is happening to the turbo as the power that I'm used to just is not there now especially on hills. I'll start with some fuel cleaner I have, then have the filter replaced and then get serious if those two things do not solve the problem. I really was hoping not to have to spend any more money on car repairs for awhile, not now with so many extras going out at the moment.
I have to report that after months of little work now I'm swamped. Orders just keep coming in and I'm hopping to try to keep up with the rush. Tomorrow morning I have to drive to Antioch and then to Oakland before returning to pick Keanna up at 2 pm from school. While its wonderful to have so much work getting it all done is proving to be a real challenge. Jean has been helping, she is the writer and trained appraiser I depend on so much. She is a huge help. Let me tell you, there are not a lot of extra wasted moments these days.
This morning I was stood up at my first appointment. The potential buyer had cancelled last Friday but the loan company did not get the word to me so a rushed trip to Antioch and on time arrival was wasted. Fortunately I happened to have two more orders that were fully researched and read to go with me. Each had a combo lockbox access and were empty. The first was a real sad experience. The owners lost the home and did not go gracefully. As they left they left trash, ripped off crown molding, light fixtures, kitchen cabinets and appliances and too these items with them. This was a beautiful 3800 SF home is a nearly new neighborhood and will nice again when the buyers do their magic. The second home was just the opposite. The people lost the home but left everything in perfect condition and order. It was an act of class and the home is perfect for the buyers, a home that was worth $600+ is now selling for $389,000. What a deal and I see this picture over and over these days.
Then I rushed back to pick up a new file, run to the golf course to take two more photos and then back to the school to await Miss Keanna's release. We came home, found some Cheerios and headed for the park where she played and played. Then back home to hook up with Nikki and I left for MBA, a two hour trip. I arrived at 7, presented Jason with a card and little gift and then at 8:20 left to return home. Now I'm ready to crash and feel satisfied that this has been a day well lived.
Good night friends and family,
love to all
tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,
What a whirlwind life you are living these days! Oh but so much better than sitting at home waiting for orders to come in. If the orders don't come in neither do the checks though. Those little people in your life are taking up a good chunk of time also. How much longer do you do that routine? It's been a long time since you have had to juggle that much work, baby sit and taxi driver. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Today is the big choir picnic here at our house. I can't say I'm especially looking forward to it since I don't know how many are coming or how much food will be needed. It was going to be a corn roast, but it is too late in the season and no more corn. So, we're having hot dogs, salads, brownies and watermelon.

You still may want to consider going 2 for 1 on your cars. One person can only drive one car at a time. Your bug sounds like it has served its purpose and is considering retirement. It has served you well and taken you safely many miles.

I'd better get started with my day. I hope yours continues to be busy, productive and checks continue to flow in to cover the necessities.

We love you ~ Carol